Chapter 44

After FP told Alice that she could stay with Jellybean he wondered whether she was up to it in the state she was in, but Alice insisted she was so when he left with Aimee on their date Alice was left alone with Jellybean since Polly was not there either.

Jellybean refused to come out of her room until dinner was ready which was much later than expected and even then she tried going upstairs with her food, but Alice didn't allow her to do that. Instead she tried having a conversation with her, but Jellybean wouldn't answer any of Alice's questions so she tried apologising for what she did. "Jells, I'm so sorry for not being here." Alice didn't continue with the 'but' because it wouldn't have been an appropriate apology if she had.

"I don't care." Jellybean shrugged her shoulders trying to look as indifferent as she possibly could.

"I know you do and so do I Jells-"

"No, you don't!" Jellybean stated firmly. "You don't care! If you would've you wouldn't have left!" Nothing was stopping Jellybean from speaking her mind right there and then, she kept that anger bottled up for too long. "Dad was a wreck after you left! Same with Betty and Polly! Jug didn't know what to do and Mom left! You were all we had!"

"I was only standing in the way I wasn't-"

"You were keeping everyone together!" Jellybean cut Alice off. "You left and you screwed up. You don't know all the damage you've done yet, but the moment you realise you'll hate yourself as much as everyone else hates you!" With that said the girl rushed upstairs.

Alice felt that well known pain in her chest spreading everywhere. It was extremely familiar and she tried to ignore it as she usually did. So she started washing the dishes and just as she finished cleaning the mess made while cooking she heard the front door. "What?" Alice whispered as she checked her watch, it had been two hours since Aimee and FP left.

So Alice walked in the hallway and greeted Aimee as she went upsta to get changed while FP was still in the hallway waiting to talk to Alice about how Jellybean was. On the way to the hallway Alice had the chance to take a better look at Aimee and she couldn't help but be jealous.

"How did it go?" FP asked as Alice put on her coat.

"It was good uhm, yeah, it was fine." Alice hesitated at first then she decided not to tell FP about what Jellybean said, but he knew her all too well not to notice she wasn't feeling all right.

"What happened?" FP was worried about Jellybean at first, but he knew Alice wouldn't have hid anything if it meant that something bad happened to Jellybean so he was certain it was about Alice.

"Nothing, I gotta go. Thanks for-"

"What happened Alice?" FP grabbed her arm when she tried to leave and she froze for a moment and Hal's face appeared in front of her instead of FP's for a split second. "What happened? Do I have to ask this a million times?"

"Please let go of me." Alice's voice sounded weak and he did as told immediately regretting that he had grabbed her arm. "I have to go."

"Alice-"

"I hope dinner was great!" With that said she left.

FP sighed and locked the door behind her. He went upstairs and knocked on Jellybean's door, she soon let him in. "She told you, didn't she?"

"What did you say to her?" FP saw the guilty look on Jellybean's face and the girl couldn't lie so he believed when she told him everything she said. "You can't say that to her, not now at least. You'll have to apologise!"

"Why? She is in the wrong, I won't-"

"You will. You know what happened to Veronica, it happened to Alice too and her girlfriend died. When people are sad and stuff like this happens to them you never know how they react. So we're going right now to her and you'll apologise." FP demanded that apology because even if it weren't honest it was an apology she had to offer. She could've said those things in a better way, more carefully, she was grown enough to understand it.

So while Jellybean changed her clothes FP went to tell Aimee what they were going to do. "Do you really have to go? I understand that it was wrong, but you can go tomorrow." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I had other plans for tonight." Her left hand travelled down his chest to his crotch. "Far more exciting plans."

"JB's already getting dressed. Sorry babe." FP stepped back. To him it felt wrong to be there with her knowing Alice left in such a state. And he shouldn't have felt bad, Alice wasn't his anymore. He didn't have to care about her and make sure she was fine except that he would've died if he knew she was sad and he didn't do anything to help. Taking Jellybean with him to apologise was just an excuse. "We'll be back soon, I promise."