Chapter 24

That night before actually going to bed they found themselves outside on the swing, but Alice didn't bring her notebook. "I don't want to write about it anymore."

"Wasn't it helpful?" FP asked and Alice shrugged her shoulders. She didn't find it as helpful as she found it hurtful. "What are we gonna do then?"

"I wanna go to court." Alice said firmly. She knew it was going to be hard and probably even impossible to have them locked up in a cell, but for herself she needed to try doing that.

"Ok." FP nodded, he talked to Hermione and she told him that she might try and do that. Neither of them knew whether she was ready to face Hal and Tall Boy and to be frank Alice didn't know either. "Sierra?"

"Yeah." Without any kind of warning Alice's eyes filled with tears. "There's two serial killers in this damn town targeting sinners and neither of them have killed Tall Boy or Hal." Alice let the words out before she thought them through and as soon as she heard them she gasped. She had never wished death upon anybody. "I'm terri-"

"No because believe me they would deserve it." FP wasn't gonna stand back and watch Alice blame herself for some thoughts that have kept his mind busy ever since she was taken. "They deserve every bad thing coming their way."

"When I was there, one time I wasn't, I wasn't tied properly." Alice knew that what she was going to tell FP next was going to worry him even more and it should've because the thought hadn't left her mind. "It was during my fifth day there I think and I, I was done being there, so I hit my head on the wall three times I think before I, before I passed out."

FP looked at Alice with the most serious look in his eyes. The light from the moon and the stars made her tears sparkle in the night and he wouldve thought ahe was beautiful if she weren't so broken. "In hopes that you...that you would-"

"Eventually die." Alice finished the sentence he so desperately didn't want to hear. "I wasn't planning on telling you this."

"But?" FP asked and Alice shrugged her shoulders as she shook her head. "Are you thinking about it now? About dying?"

"I don't know." Alice could feel the fear overwhelming FP and her heart was pounding in her chest. She was weak, she was on the ground waiting to be hit again and again from everyone and anyone around her. "It would be so easy if I ceased to exist."

Alice moved her right hand to her chest and slowly moved it in circles in an attempt to ease the pain she was feeling but it didn't work. She was shaking and when FP noticed that he took the blanket that was to his right and covered Alice with it, but she wasn't cold, however she let it stay on her.

"Alice I, I think you should talk to a professional." FP eventually said and as she turned to look at him FP saw the look in her eyes even better. She was beyond sad, angry and tired. "I don't know how to help you and I want to, I really do. But I have no idea how." He wiped away his own tears which only brought more into Alice's eyes.

"I won't do anything FP, I promise." She couldn't help but promise him that when she saw how much her words affected him. "For you, for the girls, and eventually for me."

"Can, can I hug you?" FP asked and the moment she nodded her head he pulled her into his arms. Alice wrapped hers around him and without any hesitation they both started crying.

When Alice finally calmed down a little bit she spoke. "Shouldn't we go to bed? You have to pick up Jellybean tomorrow."

"We can stay here more or we can watch a movie or we can go to bed. Anything you want." FP said as Alice pulled away from him. Their tears have dried and they both looked tired. Alice was scared about going to sleep, she thought that once again she'd see her attackers and it frightened her, but FP had to wake up early and it was already late.

"Let's go to sleep."

They walked upstairs and FP changed his clothes as Alice climbed into bed. She was still in the clothes she wore the day before, she found it too hard to change them then and FP didn't make a comment about it. Until FP came back into the room Alice thought of her daughters. She needed to spend a little more time with them because whenever they saw Alice they would fall silent and so would Jughead.

"Penny for your thoughts?" FP asked as he came from the bathroom and Alice told him exactly what she was thinking about. "I was thinking about having lunch with Jellybean, Jughead and gladys tomorrow at Pop's when they arrive. You can join us."

"No, it's a family reunion for you four, we'll be fine here, I'll make something." Alice hadn't done much ever since she came back and nobody wanted to force her to do anything because she was still very mucg affected about what had happened to her.

FP climbed into bed as he nodded. He was on his side and Alice on hers, but she reached for his hand and brought it to her chest. She wasn't sure she could lie down and sleep in his arms like she used to, but she needed him close and holding his hand was the most she felt like she could do. "Good night."

"Good night my love."