Chapter 42

Alice went inside followed by FP and she walked upstairs to change her clothes so FP was in the kitchen with Hermione and Fred. "So you're gonna go with her?" Hermione asked FP once again just to make sure she heard right.

"She can't ask you guys and leaving her alone doesn't seem right." FP explained and his friends understood the situation.

"What's Aimee going to think?" Hermione didn't think Aimee would be fine with it. However, she wanted FP and Alice back together and if that was the first step they had to take in order to make that happen Hermione couldn't have cared less about Aimee's feelings.

"I'll tell her later. I'm helping a friend. Aimee is a good person, she won't mind."

Before anyone could say anything else Alice came in the kitchen. She was dressed fully black and her hair was tied in a bun and she wasn't wearing any make up, whatever was left from before she washed it. "The drive there takes about two hours. In three she's beeing cremated, I'm not sure-"

"We'll make it." FP cut her off and they left immediately. On the way there nobody said a word. The music was on, Alice started the radio so it would fill the silence and they arrived at the destination just a fee minutes before Jocelyn was going to be cremated.

Alice and FP were allowed to watch, he offered to leave and give her those very last moments, but Alice didn't want to be alone so he stayed. Jocelyn was lying down, surrounded by flames, but those flames were burning Alice. She felt the pain or losing her significant other so deep she could barely stand and when her feet stopped holding her up she almost fell and FP caught her.

"I'm sorry." Alice whispered as FP held her in his arms. "I'm sorry." She started sobbing uncontrollably as she muttered apologises. She couldn't stop saying she was sorry and FP was confused but he didn't say a word. Little did she know she was apologising to him and to Jocelyn. Alice hated that she couldn't love Jocelyn as much as she loved her and she hated that she left ruining her chances with FP. "Oh god."

The man handling the whole process came to them to ask about the ashes and Alice managed to pull herself together. "I don't have sn urn."

"We sell them in the front just in case." The man started telling her about different urns they had, but Alice couldn't care less.

"Just pick one, red, she loves...loved red." Alice swallowed hard and a few moments later she was given the urn. She paid for the whole process and by the time they went out the sun was up in the sky shining brighter than before since it was the middle of the day.

"Such a beautiful day and Jocey isn't here to see it." Alice whispered thinking it was only for herself, but FP heard her, however, he didn't say a word. "How's, how's Jellybean? I haven't seen her, or Gladys for that matter."

"Gladys is in Toledo for a little while." FP answered purposely ignoring the question about Jellybean.

"And Jellybean?" Alice was curious how much Jellybean grew and if she was happy to be with her father. "I'd love to see-"

"No!" FP cut Alice off. Alice managed to bond with Jellybean before she left and Jellybean was crushed when she was gone.

"Why not? I mean she is your daughter but I missed-"

"You shouldn't have left then." FP said trying to keep his calm and Alice was surprised, but not really. It was bound to happen, he was bound to snap because of how she left. "Jellybean was crushed when you left. I'm not gonna have you near her so you can do it again."

"I'm not, I, look-"

"Let's go back." FP got in the car and waited for Alice to do the same. The moment she did he started the engine.

"Can we at least talk about something?" Alice asked knowing very well it wasn't what he wanted, but she needed to think of something else than the fact that she was holding what was left of Jocelyn in an urn in her hands.

"What?" FP asked irritated. He didn't want to talk, but he had a feeling Alice needed to so he gave in. "What about?"

"I don't know." Alice shrugged her shoulders. There was one thing she was curious about so she didn't hesitate to ask about it because she was grieving and FP wouldn't have hurt her then, despite how much they both thought she deserved it. "How's Aimee like?" FP gave Alice a weird look and she nodded wanting to know so FP started telling her.

"She's smart, kind, beautiful, she's great with Jellybean and simply amazing." Those were all true, to FP Aimee seemed too good to be true, he was wondering why she chose to be with him.

"Does she make you happy?" Alice was scared to ask the real question. She was scared to ask if he loved her so she chose to ask something else, still, something important.

"Yes, Aimee makes me incredibly happy."