Chapter 52

It was the day of the wedding. FP always assumed he'd be incredibly calm when getting married because it would be to the love of his life, but Aimee wasn't the love of his life and he was more than nervous. Before the actual ceremony they had a party planned so he could meet Aimee's parents and some of her friends.

Everyone he loved and knew was there, including Alice. The moment he entered the big room he saw her. She was wearing a light blue suit, she looked beyond gorgeous in it, but at the same time extremely tired and sad. It broke his heart to see her like that.

FP was snapped out of his thoughts by Aimee. "They're there, come on." She took him by his hand and led him to her parents, but they were talking to someone and that somene was the person he couldn't face, Alice. "Mom, Dad, I guess you've met Alice."

"Aimee." Evelyn smiled at her daughter and hugged her again despite having seen her before. "You didn't tell me this is Alice Smith."

"Do you know each other?" Aimee asked and her parents just smiled waiting for Alice to give Aimee the news.

"We're cousins." Alice said simply as she forced a smile. "I should go look for Betty and Polly, they'll be delighted to learn this." She had no idea herself that her Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Ricky had a daughter.

"We can't wait to meet them." Ricky said as Alice turned around to leave.

After she found the girls she sent them to Ricky and Evelyn, she didn't have the necessary strength to go there again. So she went outside through the back door to get some fresh air. Not much later the door opened again and FP was standing next to her. "Shouldn't you be inside?"

"Maybe." FP sighed. There was a battle within him. Going through with the wedding wasn't going to work neither for him nor Aimee, but also he wasn't sure going back to Alice would work either. "I'm really happy Polly came back for the wedding."

"She loves you, so does Betty." With each word said Alice could feel her chest explode with pain, she couldn't even look at him, she just stared straight ahead.

"I don't think I'll go through with it." FP whispered and it made Alice turn to look at him.

"Why?" She asked. "You can't leave Aimee like that." The pain it would cause her, Alice didn't want to see Aimee go through that.

"I don't love her the way I should." FP sighed. He wanted to say he doesn't love Aimee the way he loves Alice, but it wasn't that easy. It never was with them because one of them always did something stupid while trying to protect the other.

"She can make you happy." Alice's voice sounded different even though she tried her best to make it sound normal. "If you still, if you still have hope for us, stop. You know us, we can't make it happen, we never could."

"Those two weeks Alice, before it happened-"

"Choose Aimee. She can make you happy, she loves you in all the right ways, she's given herself to you completely, she trusts you-"

"I don't want Aimee!" FP yelled and Alice startled involuntarily. "God Alice, why can't you get it? Why do you comply in your situation?-"

"FP-"

"No, I'll talk and you'll listen now!" FP stated firmly, but he wouldn't have if he had known why Alice wanted him to stop and choose his words carefully. "I hate everything you did! Leaving! You should've seen the look on the kids' faces, you broke them, you broke me! But I can't hate you for it because you were broken yourself! You still are, I mean sleeping with Fred? You knew how much he means to Hermione and her to him, but you did it anyway. I don't know if you want to or you're just acting stupid, but you're making everyone hate you! Get your life together, you can!"

"Are you done yelling at my niece?" Ricky asked and FP turned to see him. He didn't know how much he heard, but by the look on his face it didn't seem as if he heard anythinh he said about Aimee.

"Ricky-"

"Aimee is waiting for you." He opened the door and FP entered without looking back. He was angry and upset, he didn't know what to do. "Alice-" he placed a hand on her shoulder and she stratled again, but he didn't move so she had to. "Did I do something?"

"No." Alice shook her head. She was barely breathing, she couldn't focus on anything.

"Did FP hit you before-"

"God no!" She shook her head and turned to look at him only so he could see how serious she was. "No, I just, my ex-husband. He used to hit me and I, a few months ago I was the victim of sexual assault. I guess I haven't come to terms with it yet." There was no point in not telling him because if he just asked inside something about her most people in there wouldn't have hesitated to tell him everything.

"I'm sorry." Ricky said and he sighed. "Who did-"

"I really don't want to talk about it." Alice thought she was fine about it, that Jocelyn helped her heal completely. And Jocelyn did help her heal, but not completely and she wasn't doing anything to help herself. "We should go back inside."