Glass half empty

Time skip

Yumi's POV

Everyone's gotten a lot better than what we use to be. I wouldn't say they're Shiritorizawa good but we should be goodish. The thing is it will be soul crushing if we lose against date tech. I hope Asahi doesn't run away. We'll be screwed especially since we'll lose Noya as well. This game is going to be a lot of pressure. I'm unsure about the other team we have to fight.

I know for sure that we'll have trouble with date tech. Hopefully they won't be as tough as they say they are. Also that they'll let me play since I'm a girl and all. "Hey." I hear. I look at Daichi. "Let's talk." He says holding a bag of buns from coaches store. "What is it?" I ask.

He comes and sits on the bed. "I know you're in your head. You weren't as focused at practice today. Not your happy self. You were still good it's just you seemed spaced out in away." He says handing me a bun. "I'm nervous is all. With all the praise that date tech gets and the incident of Asahi and Noya leaving because of them. We've worked really hard to get this far. All for it to be crushed by one game. I've seen everyone work so hard. It's just I really don't want anything bad to happen. Cause everything would have been for nothing and we'll just be at square one. We'll just be called the wingless crows. I don't want that to happen." I say tearing up.

He rubs my head. "That won't happen you've pushed yourself and everyone hard. I know that when you want something you take it permission granted or not. You fight for anything that you want. Hearing you say that. It sounds like you want to give up in away. If you feel that way you can just be the manager or not have anything to do with the club. I won't stop you. You want us to win and that's understandable. I want us to win too. Especially since it's my last year and all. I know how you feel you're really nervous and doubting yourself. You don't have to worry about us losing though because we won't give up so easily. You know that. I know you especially won't let it slide. Also if Asahi leaves I'll kick his ass and then some." He says.

"Yeah thanks for the support and all. This whole half glass empty is getting to me." I say. "Then don't do that anymore. If anything you play better when you don't. When you're on the court I see your face. Your expression. Like you can take on the world. You always see the glass as half full on the court. Even though you don't notice. It's great to see you be yourself. That whole glass half empty garbage isn't you. You need to be you that's when you're at your best at everything. Plus it's not a good look on you. It's weird seeing you all depressed and nervous. You need to lighten up. Plus you need to be strong future captain. I heard about that." He says.

"Yeah but I won't be as good as you thought. You motivate everyone even at the lowest of low. Handling Hinata and Kageyama is pretty hard too. Tsuki isn't a big fan of mine. He's always distant and acts like he's better than everyone. People like him get on my nerves sometimes." I say. "You will do great you motivate them good enough. I'm sure you'll be a great captain. Plus you really think you'll be handling it on your own. Ennoshita will be there to help you along with the other second years." He says.

"See you're doing it even now. I can't compete with that" I say. "I said to lighten up you'll be fine." He says and grabs my cheeks pulling on them. "Ow okay okay." I say. "Now eat your buns they'll get cold." He says. I rub my cheeks then eat a bun.

"You'll be great." He says. He kisses my forehead then leaves. He's an asshole but I love him. I'm not even sure that I can see the glass as half full right now. Let's think. I'll still have Kuroo. I try my best to think but what if he doesn't want me if I lose. I need to talk to him.

I get my phone and call him. "Hey baby bird what's up?" He asks. "Will you still love me if I lose to date tech?" I say. "First of all what makes you think I'll leave you and what kind of question is that? Second of all are you out of your mind of course I'll still love you. Are you good you didn't get hit in the head with a volleyball did you?" He says. "No I didn't get hit with a volleyball. I'm doubting myself and ability to be good enough to go against Date Tech." I say.

"They aren't that good we went against them recently. You'll be fine you're my baby bird and my baby bird doesn't give up so easily. Plus you did practice with us one of the best teams in the world." He says. I know he's doing that smirk. "Oh is that so?" I say. "You already know this. Your fiance is the best of the best." He says. "You are. Plus you manage to get one of the best volleyball players in the miyagi prefecture." I say. "Oh we'll just have to see about that. After all from my knowledge you're still my baby bird. Well my baby bird that just so happens to be going against date tech. They aren't a match for you though. You were closer to defeating us than them so you'll be good. Especially since I know you've been working yourself to death. You do want to beat us after all." He says. "And I will." I say.

"I'm looking forward to it. I hope you can break the tradition of me winning." He says. "I will I promise that." I say.

TBC...