Chapter six

Ax's POV

Jealousy.

Jealousy, I get it. It was that weird feeling that made people in love do both cute and messed up things.

I walked alongside him as he talked about his life. Things I understood, and even when I felt I didn't he only smiled and explained it to me.

I couldn't help but stare down at him. He was so amazing, so cute, so perfect. Stories I read over and over again. About falling in love, and living happily ever after.

I didn't know I could feel this way. It wasn't nearly close to how it felt reading about it.

I felt this way every time I was with him. Mark Danny, Miami, and Rose were all so nice and I liked talking with new people. But Haze was different. Haze was special.

Whenever I held his hand or hugged him. When he smiles at me or gets all red and his heart raced. Whenever he looked at me like I was human.

"Ax." He asked and I looked up at him.

"You probably don't know what a boyfriend is but, um, do you want to be uh mine." He said turning red and his heart began to race.

"I know what a boyfriend is, of course not, I can't do anything like that with you," I told him disgusted he would even ask me.

He looked down at his feet and I tried to take his hand.

I had read books over and over and all the boyfriends do is yell and scream, they hurt them and are cruel. How could he even ask me of that?

I wanted to be the guy they ran away with, the guy who makes them smile and tells them to leave their boyfriends alone. The one who tells them 'I love you and than make love.

He looked down and his hand goes limp in mine.

"Haze, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says letting go of my hand and rushing into the house.

Haze?

I followed him, but he had already slammed the door of the room in my face.

"This better be good," Danny says shuffling out of the room looking as though he didn't wake up until after he left the room.

He looks at me then at Haze's door.

"Haze is something wrong?" Danny asks and doesn't get any answer.

"Haze!" Danny shouts.

"Go to hell Daniel!" Haze shocks both of us.

He looks visibly stunned.

"Haze." He whispers, a few tears making his eyes glassy.

I stood there not know what happened and it hurt to be a part of this.

Danny starts to cry and Miami rushes out.

"Come here." She says grabbing my hand and pulling me into her room.

"What happened?" She asks me.

"I don't know Haze asked me to be his boyfriend and I told him, no, and he was upset and yelled at Danny and Danny starts crying and I just didn't know what to do," I said panic feeling me.

"Wait why did you say no? I thought you liked him." She wasn't getting this.

"I said no because boyfriends are bad I want to be the guy he runs away and lives happily ever after with," I say.

"Ok, what commitment-issued filled cave did you crawl out of?" She says and I know I was missing something.

"Look, boyfriend is a title that clearly he liked you enough to use. For example, If you like to kiss someone, hang with them, or just be around someone. Calling him your boyfriend is a way for them and everyone else to know that you two like each other and no one else is allowed to hold, kiss, and be with them." She says and I feel the weight of my words crushing me.

"So he wanted to be mine and no one else's?" I say and she nods before I open her door and rush to Haze's.

Haze's POV

Did I just yell at Danny? What the hell wrong with me?

Oh, you let some vampire you met yesterday, mind you, control your feelings so much you took it out on the person who loves you the most, and spent what, 49,999,997 dollars over your actual human worth on you.

"Ace not now please," I whisper.

Oh no, is your own stupidity hurting your feelings?

I knew Danny was soft and hurt easily.

There wasn't a way in hell I Danny didn't hurt him.

I was out of line.

I opened the door to see his door closed and I walked over knocking and he doesn't answer so I opened the door.

"Dad?" I say and he sits on the floor, head on his knees.

I sit next to his leaning against him and he sits up.

"I'm sorry, I took my anger out on you, that was was wrong and I'm so sorry," I say and he hugs me back.

"Dont worry." He says pulling away and smiling happily.

"I might have been a little bit over-sensitive but know I should have backed off. So you want to tell me what's wrong?" He askes and I look down, feeling the pain in my chest double.

"I, can't," I whisper and he only smiles.

"Give him time." He says hugging me again.

"Dad?" I say and he looks at me and I wipe my eyes.

"Do you own any clothes of your own?" I ask and he smiles.

"Yeah, but I like Mark's better." He said hugging himself in his oversized t-shirt.

I stood up before leaving and bumping into Ax.

I was Ok, he saw us like family and I could be ok with that.

No, you can't.

"Haze?" He looks at me and my heart sped up.

I tried so desperately to not feel anything but there were so many emotions that have all came crashing down on me

I was so stupid.

Loved too fast, fell too hard.

"Haze, I'm sorry." He said and I just try to get back into my room but he grabs my arm.

"I said it's fine, there's nothing to be sorry about," I say trying to pull away.

"I'm stupid!" He nearly shouts and I stop seeing him at the brink of tears. He only hugs me and I blush.

"I made you feel bad because I don't know anything about humans. I just assumed I knew what you meant by boyfriend but I was way off." He says.

"I don't know much but I'll try my best to learn so I won't hurt you again. I want to be your boyfriend, I want to be the only one you want." He says and I hug him tightly before kissing him.

"I want to know everything about your life, I want to know about feelings, emotions, and everything else, so I can make you happy. " He says and I smile pulling him close to me.

"I'll help you," I say before reconnecting our lips. I open my mouth and he lets his tongue slip in.

A french kiss, my first real kiss.

He grabbed my neck pulling me closer and I wrap my arms around his.

Then finally he pulls away and puts a hand on my chest.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I can always hear your heartbeat but this way I want to feel it." I nodded before putting my hand on his.

I then take his hand pulling him into my room and onto my bed.

"Sleep?" He asks and I smile.

"Yeah."