Chapter Three

Haze's POV

A vampire.

Why am I bringing home a vampire?

Why am I ignoring the fact that he could kill me and everyone I loved in a matter of seconds?

And why am I asking myself like I know the answer?

I got to my house and Ax's already tight grip on my arm tightened.

Did vampires get scared?

"Look I trust you, I don't know why and I probably shouldn't but I do so please don't kill my family in our sleep. Because I'll definitely have to spend my whole afterlife listening to my dad's nagging."

He looked at me and his lips quivered as though he would start crying.

"You trust me?" He said and I nodded.

"Trust," he said before smiling widely like a small child.

"I won't betray that trust!" He says like an overly excited anime protagonist. I only smiled causing him to beam more.

Suddenly in one fell swoop, the door is violently opened and I'm slammed into and brought to the ground and I open my eyes only to see a terrified then pissed Danny.

Where were you!" He yells standing up and pulling me up with him.

"I;" I manage to choke out before he looks down at my tattered and dirty clothes and his eyes soften.

"Bullies?" He questions and I don't feel the need to answer the obvious question.

"Oh, who is, who is he?" He asked catching sight of Ax who sat by the stairs looking slightly worried and the moment Danny's eyes meet his he goes pale.

Almost protectively he pushes me behind him and Ax looks as though he was on trial for being a witch.

"I didn't hurt him, I wouldn't, he trusts me." He chokes out sounding as though he would start crying and I stupidly clear Danny to stand by his side.

"Danny please just, trust me. I know it's wrong but, I can feel it in my chest. I feel as though he wouldn't hurt me." I say and Danny only grabs my arm pulling me into the house and I grab Ax knowing that if I left him alone he would return to the woods and I'd never see him again.

"Danny only sighs before turning to Ax."

"What's your name?" He askes and Ax looks taken aback as though it was some kind of trick question."

"Uh, Ax." He says once again and I strangely find it cute.

"Well Haze, uh dinner is almost done so, uh your dad will, Mark wait til mark gets home." He says walking upstairs and I just stand in the entrance as he returns in nothing but shorts and one of Marks long shirts

This is stupid Haze.

The voice echoed in my head and I rolled my eyes. The auditory hallucinations were back and were the last thing I needed right now.

The was was like mine, yet somehow different. It was more vicious, mean, and cold, but also easily annoyed and apparently a bad boy.

It was once my imaginary friend. But now it was just annoying.

"Not now, Ace." I mudder before grabbing Ax's arm and pulling him into my room.

Hey, num nuts what do you think vampires eat, friendship, or is your trust gonna feed it.

"Not, now Ace," I say a bit louder and Ax pouts sadly.

"Not Ace, Ax." He says and I sit him on the bed.