Chapter Eight

Haze's  POV

"This is so exciting," Miami said in the back seat as I drove my heart doing a solid million that someone would sideswipe or T bone us and I would have to explain to Danny why I decided to not just die in the car.

Ax sat in the passenger seat watching Spongebob episodes on the phone Mark had given him.

Somehow he calmed my heartrate and he looked at me in response.

"You're not scared anymore?" He asked and I smile.

"No I'm still terrified," I tell him and he looks confused.

"But I'm happy you're here." I say and he smiles and Miami gags in the back seat." 

"Ok Haze this is far enough, let us out here and then spend the block to give us enough time to get to the school," Rose says and I pull to the side.

"Now remember Haze, don't tell anyone who you are." She says hopping out and Miami follows.

"Also here," Miami says handing me a pair of sunglasses.

I sigh.

I hated being flashy. I was never one to seek attention and I just knew pulling up in a two hundred thousand dollar car wouldn't help.

When we finally arrived at the school we quickly grabbed the attention of every student teacher and innocent bystander in the area. 

But I just took a deep breath swallowed my fear and got out.

Then moment I stepped out of the car everyone seemed to gasp in unison.

"Wow is he a model?" Some girl whispered and I realized it was the same girl who called me gross for standing too close to her in the lunch line.

"No way he has to be, or a movie star maybe!" Her friend shot back and I smiled.

There was a tingle in my stomach and I suddenly realized why guys killed for this kind of attention.

Maybe I could continue to dress like this;

"Nice car." I instantly felt all confidence leave my body the moment Jack approached his hand extended for mine.

Was this some kind of trick? I knew it he could see right through this disguise and would now proceed to beat the hair gel off me, steal the car and leave me to die in a ditch.

 I slowly took it and was surprised to find it was just a firm handshake.

"Thanks," I said and he smiled a genuine smile that caused my heart to start to race.

Wait, what? Why was Jack of all people making my heart race? I didn't still have feelings for him. 

His;

I stop realizing I never got a chance to take my meds this morning.

Shit Ace.

"Jack." He says his usually hate-felt eyes showing only friendliness.

"I'm;" I begin to panic trying to think of a name.

Ace, Ace say Ace!

"Ace," I say before realizing the hole I had dug myself.

Ha yes! Finally, let me take over.

No Ace.

"I have the strangest feeling I know you from somewhere?" He says and I start to panic more.

"If you're not from LA then probably not, but maybe you just watch the right channels," I say with a wink and instantly felt sick knowing I didn't say that.