Chapter 17

***

***

A/N: Short chapter.

3rd person

For the rest of the day, a whole city search began without the public knowing or else it might start some chaos online.

At first, the company decided that they should contact friends and family to figure out where Yoongi could have gone.

They searched everywhere. Yoongi's favorite spots around the city, favorite places to be, they even searched every corner and room in the Big Hit building. They called friends and families, some of them would wait back at the dorm to see if Yoongi would come back.

It was a bit hard since they had to make sure no one would notice Bangtan running around the city like maniacs trying to look for someone.

But still, they couldn't find him.

The company finally alerted the police and the city-wide search for Min Yoongi began.

"You could have prevented this, you know."

All six members of Bangtan stood in a line in front of their CEO in his office nine hours after they themselves dorve around the city to look for their missing member and packmate. Dowon was told to stay outside of the said office.

"We know, sir," Namjoon replied.

"When I found out that Yoongi chose to leave the dorm to spend his heat elsewhere, I let that go," Bang PD-nim said. "I let that go because you are his pack and I know that I should not get involved with pack-related problems."

The boys stayed silent as they kept their heads down low in shame.

"But this!" Their CEO finally raised his voice. "Yoongi has gone missing again and under your supervision! How can I let the six of you look for him when you can't even take care of him first!"

Their eyes widened by what he said.

Bang PD-nim sighed and nodded, "I knew that you pack had been having problems but I chose not to intervene because I believed that you will all talk about it and make amends, but it looks like I got my hopes up and instead of fixing it, you all made it worse!"

That night, they reflected on what had happened that led to this.

The group with Dowon finally left the building and they all made their way back to the dorm to get some rest after being told by Sejin that the police would look for him non stop.

"We fucked up," Hoseok muttered as they all gathered in the living room.

Dowon couldn't help but scoff, "Obviously."

"You know everything?" Jimin asked the beta.

He nodded and took a sip of water before placing it back down on the coffee table, "He told me everything that happened ever since the day Namjoon got sick and Jungkook had pushed him to the wall."

Jin's eyes widened, "Jungkook did what?!"

The maknae wanted to run as everyone turned their attention to him. He wanted to hide forever and disappear.

Jimin sighed, "Looks like we'll be having a confession."

The maknae line looked at each other and the three of them knew that there was no other choice but to do the thing that they should have done a long long time ago.

"That day Jungkook's rut triggered Taehyung's and my heat," The omega began. "Yoongi hyung accidentally opened the door and he was about to close it back when Jungkook was taken over by his instincts and pushed Yoongi hyung to the wall, hard."

Everyone gasped at this, everyone but Dowon.

"That's why Yoongi's shoulder got injured," The beta said and all eyes turned to him in confusion.

"Jungkook's push was so strong that it injured his shoulder, I told him that we should get it checked out but he wouldn't listen to me. He knew that if we went to the hospital, the company would find out about what Jungkook did," He continued.

Jimin decided to jump in, "We were scared that you would get angry at Jungkook and yell at him for what he did, that's why... we put the blame on Yoongi hyung."

"But, Jungkook was just being territorial since he was in a rut, I wouldn't get angry at him for that," Jin said and looked at the other two. "You mean that I yelled at him and blamed him because you guys wouldn't own up for your actions that are obviously out of your control?!"

Before Seokjin could start ranting, Namjoon placed a hand on his shoulder to remind him to calm down.

"So, because his shoulder was injured, it would mean that he was in pain the whole time," Hoseok concluded. "I insulted him for making so many mistakes because I didn't know that he was in pain."

Namjoon's hands turned into fists, "And I pushed him too, without even knowing about his injury."

They all fell silent, thinking about everything they had done and said to Yoongi even though he didn't even do anything.

They blamed him for something he didn't even do, they yelled at him, screamed at him, they ignored him because they were angry. They didn't even listen to his side of the story because they kept their focus on what they saw.

"Well, we're shitty packmates."

Everyone couldn't have agreed more but they regretted everything that they did to him.

They neglected Yoongi.

If only they can turn back the time and make things right, they would.

A/N: Finished: February 15, 2021 at 2:53  PM