Chapter Nine: Exploding Frankie

Ichi's P.O.V.

After Leo opened the portal, the other turtles and I leapt into it and reappeared in the mystic city. I slightly winced remembering the encounter with Baron Draxum.

"So... what are we doing here?" I asked. "We're going to this... restaurant?" Raph said, holding a piece of paper. I took it from his hands and examined it.

"Free ticket for five mutants; come see the amazing 'Fabulous Frankie'", I read aloud.

"Conveniently, that is just precisely our group," Donnie said, and I nodded in agreement. A little writing at the bottom said, "Free, all-you-can-eat pizza special included!" I waved the paper in front of the turtles for them to know what they were dealing with.

"Then why are we wasting time here? Let's go!" Mikey exclaimed impatiently. I looked over at the back of the ticket, which revealed a map to get to the restaurant. As I walked in front of the others, I felt like I was being watched, like this was a trap. "Uh, guys, I don't feel so good about this," I said anxiously.

Leo placed his hand on my shoulder and patted me. "Aw, don't worry, Ichi. You're probably just tense from that encounter with Meat Sweats."

"Eh, I'm not so sure about this," I said. "Something just doesn't feel right."

"Oh, come on, Ichi. Trust us!" Leo pleaded with his arm around me. "Trust me!"

"In any case where Leo tells you to trust him, don't," Donnie blatantly said while typing on one of his tech, therefore ignoring the glare Leo gave him.

A few left turns got us to our destination, and all five of us sat at a table in a small corner. A little octopus waiter arrived to take our order, and Mikey boldly stated, "Give us your finest dish, sir!" While we were waiting for our pizza, a little slime yokai thingy blobbed onto a little stage. It was wearing a magician's suit.

"Presenting the awesome 'Fabulous Frankie'", a mutant fly dully exclaimed before he left the platform grumbling. The ball of slime pulled a card out of his body, and read out loud, "Who has a red heart?"

There were cards on our table, and Raph had a red heart. The slime yokai took the card from the turtle's hands and made it disappear with his hands. As we clapped for him, many other cards flew out from behind the slime blob. A more feminine-shaped slime came out and rushed to help him pack up his cards.

"Dad, I told you that magic's not your thing," she said reassuringly. "I know, I know," Frankie sighed. The two of them left to pack up their other things.

"Well, I guess that's the show," I sighed. "Let's just grab the pizza and we're out of here."

"Reeelax, Ichi, I told my brothers about your Draxum incident. And don't worry! We all hate him around here," Leo calmly said.

"Yeah, we won't let anyone harm you," Donnie said. "At least not without a punch in the face!" Raph exclaimed, punching his fists together.

"Thanks, guys," I cheered up. "Besides," Leo added, "you need to learn how to be open here, among the people!" He gestured to the mutants outside the restaurant.

Suddenly, a smoke bomb blew up in front of us and revealed a ninja in a dark purple suit. Their eyes sparkled a familiar brown color. I turned to Leo. "Are these 'the people' you were talking about?" I said half-sarcastically while making quotation marks with my fingers.

The ninja figure pointed at me. "You. Come with me. Or else your friends will suffer the consequences." Purple vines spat out from the figure's palms and tied me up like a roll, leaving only my head free. The figure picked me up and began running away with me.