Chapter Seven: Back on the Streets

Ichi's P.O.V.

I rubbed my head the second I came to. I felt dizzy, and my limbs felt like jelly. Some yellow sparks were moving all over my body. As I stood up, I observed the little lightning bolts move around my arms and down my tail.

"You up?" a voice said behind me. I turned around to see a turtle behind me. It was Leo.

The red-eared slider dropped down from his perch on the roof into the alley we were both in.

"Yeah," I answered.
"I think you lost this back at the jewelry scene."

He handed me back my phone. "Oh, thank you so much!" Luckily, it was still working. Morning would arrive soon.

I briefly checked my phone, which had a crack on it. There were a couple missed calls from Mom, but, I'll call her later.

As I put my phone in my back pocket, I turned to Leo. "Thanks for finding me," I said hugging him. He hesitated for a while, but hugged me back.

"Wait- how did you even find me?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. I pulled away from him.

"Oh... right," he said rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, definitely not having Donnie putting a tracking device on you while you were sleeping, that's for sure!"

"What?" I searched for a chip on my neck, but I couldn't find it. Leo took my hand quickly.

"We should probably get you home, anyway," he said as he turned.

"Yeah..." I said. "Wait a minute- where's Alopex?!"

"Who?"

"She helped me escape from Draxum! She's probably still down in the mystic city!" I said, worried.

"You came from the mystic city? Is that why you were unconscious?"

"Yes, but, now I have to go back and save her!" I said, searching through the wall behind me for any markings of the portal, but it was as if there was nothing there. As if nothing happened.

I punched the wall rather weakly, but I was still angry. If only I had helped Alopex instead of running away... My head leaned on the wall and I imagined what she might be going through.

Leo placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry; I've got your back." He smiled comfortingly, as if to promise something to me.

"My brothers and I will help you find your friend, Alopex. But first, we should get you home."

"Thank you so much, Leo," I said. "Let's go." Leo leapt onto a rooftop, and I was about to go with him when I saw my new weapon, a huge ring with a green-yellow design.

I picked it up and leapt after Leo. At least my foot was much better, so I could spot my home thanks to improved mutant eyesight.

Suddenly, I felt arms carrying me up bridal style.

"Really?!"

"Why not?" Leo smirked and I blushed while rolling my eyes.

As Leo leapt from rooftop to rooftop, I spotted a familiar-looking reptilian shape.

"Wait." I said jumping out of Leo's arms and spied on the reptilian. Was that Leatherhead? I needed to tell him about Alopex.

"What's going on?" Leo asked. I grabbed his arm and pulled him down into an alley. Hiding behind a dumpster, I spied over the edge at Leatherhead. 

Leatherhead was opening a manhole cover to the sewers. He seemed wary of his surroundings. I decided to go talk to him.

"What are you doing?!" Leo whisper-yelled. "Just stay here,"I motioned to him.