Chapter Fifteen: Fox vs. Turtle

Ichi's P.O.V.

A/N: This will be longer than the other chapters!

Ichi's P.O.V.

"I'm coming with you," Sakura argued as I put on my mutant lizard wear. "Pff, yeah, like you would keep quiet about, uh, this whole... situation," I muttered as I gestured to myself. San was practically begging me to take her with me to the turtle's lair.

"I won't scream, freak out, or do anything stupid- I promise!" she begged.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay, come on," I bent over for her to climb on my back as I leapt out of the window. "Watch the frills," I warned her as we slipped into the sewers and arrived at the lair.

Raph was lifting weights, Leo was reading comic books, Donnie was checking with his robotic A.I., Shelldon, and Mikey was skateboarding. When Raph saw us, he dropped his heavy weights in fright while looking at Sakura. The other turtles questionably looked at Raph before following his frightened gaze and had the same expressions. Alopex popped up from the sewer lid just in time.

"Ichi, what is she doing here? I thought we promised not to bring humans into this lair!" Donnie exclaimed as San was observing his tech. "Yeah, I know but she wouldn't stop bugging me," I said warily.

"Aww, she's just bored of living all alone up there in that apartment, ain't ya?" Alopex ran over and put an arm over Sakura as she nodded.

"Okay, that's enough of that," I pulled Alopex away from Sakura. "Hey, I can take care of myself, you know!" my sister exclaimed while I rolled my eyes. "If you want some danger and adventure, use this," Alopex whispered to San as she dropped something inside her palm. "You want to show people that you're strong and independent, open a wall to the Hidden City like this-"

I pulled the arctic fox away from my sister.

"Al, that's enough feeding my sister dangerous information," I harshly whispered into her furry ears. "Nah! It's nothing she can't handle!" Alopex tried to reassure me, looking back to my sister. "Whatever! Just... don't mention anything magical or mystical to her. She gets hyped easily."

"Okay, fine," Al huffed as San followed the two of us to meet the turtle brothers. "We're going to play Capture the Beetle," Raph started. "It's like your basic human 'Capture the Flag', but we have reinvented it to tackle the opponent with the Beetle and get it to your side. The team with the most points wins!" Donnie explained.

Mikey divided us into two teams by picking paper pieces. Alopex, Sakura and Donnie were all on the same team while Raph, Leo and I were on the other. Mikey was the referee as he signaled the game to begin. Like basketball, the large Beetle was flung into the air. Raph and Al leapt for it as the fox bounced the ball over to her teammate, Donnie. He used his technology to fly over the 'field' and dropped it down to Alopex, who ran towards our base with the Beetle in her paw.

She was about to dribble past Leo and I, but I had a plan. Just as the fox was about to shoot, I leapt in front of her, landing on all fours and breathing fire from my throat. Luckily, Alopex dropped the Beetle in fear of singeing her fur. I picked up the Beetle and threw it up in the air. Leo followed after it as it was airborne and kicked it towards Raph. Sakura was at the base to stop Raph, but in fear of becoming a human pancake, she leapt out of the turtle's way as he scored.

Donnie then switched positions with San for her safety, and I can safely say that she wasn't happy about it.

During the next rounds, Raph had the Beetle, and Alopex always found a way to tackle the ball away from him. As the snapping turtle ran with the insect, Al skipped towards him like a prancing deer and sneakily pecked him on the cheek. Raph suddenly stumbled right in his tracks and fell face-down on the floor. The Beetle slipped from his arms and into the fox's. "Thank you," she teased, twirling the Beetle on her finger. She jumped on his head, making him eat dirt, and bound off towards our base.