Chapter Three: Meeting the Other Turtles

Ichi's P.O.V.

Ever since that incident that happened between April and I the other day, things have been... awkward between us. At least I was able to make friends with the hottest boy in our class, Zac.

It all happened during chemistry when the mean girl, Veronika, tripped me. I was holding an acid in my hand, and Zac was in front of me. It spilled over his chest, but he was all calm about it, while I frantically tried to clean it off his chest.

To summarize what happened next, he said I was cute, asked me for my number, and invited me to hangout this Friday. I think I was blushing a little...

I denied his invitation, saying that I have other things to do. I hope everything goes smoothly from here.

A few days later...

I had to wait for Friday to come, so that I could go searching for Dad. I was getting tired of hearing Mom crying herself to sleep every night.

After school, I walked back home to change into some free clothes before I go looking for Dad.

My phone began buzzing, and it was April calling me. "Hey, girl, about the other day... Can you please meet me at my house? I've got some peop- friends who could help you."

"Okay, thanks. I will come over." I said. "Bye."
"Bye!"

Once I got home, I told Mom that I was going to a sleepover at April's. She agreed, and so I packed some extra clothes in my backpack.

I took the subway to April's house, and I knocked at her door. I heard a loud thump and many feet running. A few moments later, April opened the door for me.

"Just so you know, my friends are mutants, so please don't like, freak out or anything..." April said nervously.

"Um, okay... sure!" I was expecting something to jump out of nowhere.

"Alright, you guys can come out now!" April yelled. I heard the ceiling creak, and four huge figures fell from the ceiling into a pile of mutants.

I held back the urge to scream.

April helped the mutants up, and I realized that they were turtle mutants. Red, blue, purple, and orange, were their colors.

The orange one seemed kinda familiar...

"Guys, this is Ichi. She's a... half mutant?"

The orange one jumped toward me and placed his arm around my neck. His other arm was rubbing his chin as he was studying me, his eyes squinted.

"You seem sorta familiar..." He started. April went on to introduce them to me. "The red one is Raph. He is a huge softie, and is afraid of stuffed animals." Raph gave me a toothy grin and nervously chuckled.

He leaned towards April and whispered, "You promised you would not tell anyone about that." Raph said through gritted teeth.

April continued to introduce me to the others. "The blue one is Leo. He is the prankster and joker of the group. He also makes terrible one-liners."

"My one-liners aren't terrible," he objected. Leo took my hand and kissed it.
"I'm no photographer, but I can picture us together~"

I rolled my eyes at his witty remark. The purple one came and elbowed Leo in the side. "Even she thinks your 'jokes' aren't funny." Leo looked at him blandly.

"The purple one is Donnie. The cliched smart guy of the team." Donnie bent down in a gentleman manner. "Guilty as charged," he said.

"Last but not least, Mikey is the artist of the four. And rocking his skateboard, by the way!"

"You still seem familiar..." He said still rubbing his chin and inspecting me.

"Err, hi! My name is Ichi and I-" Mikey interrupted me.

"Yes! Now I remember! We met at the pizza place! Except you were a mutant back then!"

His brothers turned to look at me. April began to speak. "She can turn into a mutant, but she can't quite control it. That's why I called you guys here. Maybe even teach her some fighting techniques."

"April, I also wanted you to know that my father has also turned into a mutant, too." I told her. "He somehow disappeared one night, leaving this behind."

I brought out the tuft of fur from the scene and held it out for her to see. "Maybe the boys can help you find your dad."

"Yeah, we know the streets." Raph said.

"Thank you," I said to them gratefully.

April chimed in. "Can you try and turn into your mutant self again?"

"Okay." I closed my eyes and hoped for myself to morph into a mutant lizard. I didn't feel anything, but I could feel myself grow.

There was a ripping sound coming from my behind. I opened my eyes and looked at my hands. They had claws on them, and I had only one tail. Probably not in berserk mode, then.

"Whoa." The turtles said in unison. "What of your mom?" April asked. "Does she know about this?"

"No, although I told her that I am at a sleepover, so she shouldn't be worried right now about me."

"Maybe we can all go to our home!" Mikey said. "We can test your abilities there instead!"

"Ok, sure." I said.

A few minutes later...

We snuck through the shadows of night to get to a manhole. Raph opened the lid and we went into the sewers. Following Donnie, I saw their home. It was more of a lair.

It was super nice for something in the sewers of NYC. The sounds of old commercials played in a screening room. "Follow our lead." Leo told me as we went into the room.

We slid into the room and bowed down to a fat rat on a couch. "Good evening, Master Splinter." "Good evening, children. Who's this?"

"Her name is Ichi, she will be hanging out with us by the skating rink!" Mikey said. "That's good," Master Splinter said. "Now get out of the way. My favorite show is on."

We left Splinter to watch his show.

"Alright, Ichi, show us what you can do."