Chapter Sixteen: Raph and Alopex, Sitting in a Tree

Ichi's P.O.V.

I sauntered over to Raph's room because the boys had just come up with a new prank on Splinter. Raph's door was slightly open as I poked my head inside. "Heyyy, Raph, we're waiting for you downstairs. We're gonna..." I stopped when I noticed Raph talking to a figure of Alopex in his hand, and a figure of him in another.

"Oooh, Raphael, you are the strongest, most hunkiest turtle I have ever seen. I never should have doubted your skills," Raph spoke bashfully in an annoyingly high-pitched voice than Al's vocal cords would ever reach.

The Alopex figure was made of cotton and roughly applied sticks with a matching purple scrap of cloth- and Raph's version was made of a rock with jagged edges and a red bandanna. Raph noticed me looking and quickly threw them under his bed. There was an awkward silence between the two of us until I spoke first, "...Okay... I did not see anything. We're all waiting for you downstairs."

He nodded and rushed out of the room. Immediately I put two and two together and gasped as we walked down to the main lair. "No, no, no, Ichi, don't even say it-" "Awww, gee! You have a crush on little old Al! She must drive you craazzzyyy," I squealed and wiggled my eyebrows teasingly.

Raph's denial was even more adorable as we met with the other turtles. I was soo gonna tell them what I discovered. "What happened? Why was Ichi screaming?" Donnie casually asked.

"Oh, uh, she uh... stepped on a lego," Raph replied, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "He totally has a crush on Alopex," I whispered loud enough for all the turtles to hear.

"Ooohh, looks like tough lil Waphie's gotta wittle crush?" Leo teased as Donnie and Mikey laughed hysterically.

Raph threw his arms up in annoyance and stalked off. "I'm gonna go practice training, or something."

A Little Later...

I scurried over towards the run-down apartment that Alopex lived in, in the darkest area of New York. "Hey, Al!" I exclaimed as I popped my head through the large hole in her ceiling.

The fox was busy playing with custom-made turtle and fox toys. I knew the turtle one was from a 1987 franchise but didn't know the fox one. Alopex quickly shoved the figurines under her pillow, her face heavy with dread.

"Oh, hey, Ichi! What are you doing here?" She nervously asked. "Well, I thought since you and Raph are on good terms now, we could all just hang out," I said, a little skeptical about what Al may have been doing.

I studied her face and saw her turn a little red, but I briefly ignored that and dragged her down to the turtles' lair. Off in the corner, the large red snapping turtle was showing Leatherhead how to lift extreme weights, and the alligator instantly held up a 500-pound weight with one arm.

Raph appeared all sweaty as soon as he saw Alopex, and immediately she returned a similar, awkward expression. Everyone except Mikey noticed the tension between the two of them. "Look, they're having a staring contest!" The orange box turtle exclaimed.

The mutants all looked at Mikey before dispersing to do their own things. "I can prove to you just how strong I really am," Alopex stuck up her snout to Raph as she began to lift the weights that Leatherhead dropped.

The fox at first began to struggle before finally lifting it high in the air and presenting her triumph towards Raph. However, Alopex began to sway towards the direction the weights threatened to fall. Raph tried to grab the weights away from her before eventually the weights fell onto him with Al holding on.

"Oooooohhh," Leo, Donnie and I teased Raph, who currently had the young fox on his plastron while he was lying on his shell. Leatherhead and Mikey exchanged confused glances before helping Raph up. Both Alopex and Raphael were blushing messes.