Chapter Four: Fairy Tale Connections

Thank you all so much for all the love and support it means so so much to me! Literally bawled my eyes out y'all are so kind and funny. I know so many of you have but make sure to add my story to your library or follow me to make sure you get a notification when I update! Speaking about updates- I really don't have a schedule. Sorry I haven't been updating too much but I'll probably aim to post a chapter 2-5 times a month maybe more maybe less it all depends!

Lily nuzzled her head further into her pillow, loving the way it just omitted warmth. Wait a second, she thought. My pillow isn't heated.

She lazily opened her eyes, only to realize she was not sleeping on a pillow- rather a mans chest. She quickly glanced at the time on the cable box to see it was 7:08 way past the time she was supposed to be up and making breakfast. So, trying to make sure she didn't wake the man who held her heart in his hands, she quietly got off of him. Her little feet made soft patters against the cool tiled floor as she rushed to the kitchen. His arms searched around for her but all that met him was empty air. 

Lily looked through the fridge, her teeth digging into her bottom lip as she nervously twiddled with the hem of Damien's shirt she was wearing. Pulling out eggs, a green bell pepper, some spinach, an onion, and some cheese she decided she would make him an omelet. Wait will he like it? She pondered her lips falling into a pout. She craved validation- something she never received in the past few years. As she sautéd the veggies, Damien was waking up in his living room. He yawned, stretching his limbs before opening his eyes only to realize his girl was gone. 

"Lil?" He called. He paused and got a whiff of something cooking. Making his way to the kitchen, he walked in to see his girl, his shirt hanging off her small body. So beautiful.

"Morning pretty girl," he greeted, kissing her forehead. 

"I-I'm sorry Damey I should've had breakfast ready for you before you woke up. Please forgive me I swear I will be up next time!" She pleaded. 

Damiens blood began to boil- not because he was angry at her. He could never be angry at his angel. However, he could be mad at her poor excuse of a sister. 

He lifted her onto the counter, sitting her down. He didn't want to make her feel more little than she was- he still towered over her but he wanted her to feel as safe as she could. 

"You are my princess, hm?" He said. It wasn't a question, he was making a statement but wanted her to feel like she had an option. 

She nodded quickly, eyebrows creased in worry. She couldn't stop her mind from wondering to, Is this the part where he starts calling me mean names? 

"Okay that means I'm your prince. And we all know that a prince and a princess always forgive each other and take care of each other right?" 

"B-but I was bad," she muttered, glancing at her lap. 

"No baby, you're such a good girl for me. Now if I hear you talk down to yourself I will be very upset because I don't like when anyone is mean to my girl, including herself." 

"I'm sorry Damey." She was upset with herself for upsetting him. This is why no one likes you. 

He took a deep breath, letting it out. "You have nothing to apologize for. You did nothing wrong. Just next time wake me up, I'll help you cook." Lily nodded, a smile forming on her lips.

"That's what I'm supposed to do though." 

"Mmm, no baby. You aren't supposed to do anything except let me take care of you. I want you to understand that you have no obligation to do anything you don't want to do. If you ever don't like something that me or anyone else is doing, I want you to let them know. I don't want you to be uncomfortable in any situation," He said sternly, his grip on his lower thigh tightening so she knew he meant what he said. It wasn't enough to cause her any pain or leave a mark, just enough to know that he was serious. 

"But I l-like doing things t-to make you happy," she mumbled, pouting. The sun was hitting her in a way that highlighted her little freckles and the lighter strands of blond in her hair. 

"My little angel," he whispered, not even meaning to say it out loud. Lily's cheeks stayed a constant shade of pink and his mind couldn't help but wonder to a place it shouldn't have gone. 

"You make me happy no matter what, I don't want you going out of your way to do something you don't want to just because you think I'll like it, okay?" 

"Okay," she answered, not meaning it. It was her goal to make him happy. Why would he be my friend if I didn't do anything for him? Maybe he doesn't have friends? Damey's too pretty not to have many friends though....

He set her back down, snapping her out of her thoughts. Together they finished making breakfast and while the onions were slightly burnt, Lily couldn't have been more happy.

He knew that teaching her certain things would take a while, especially the idea that people would love her for herself and her actions would be loved as a result of the association between the two. He couldn't just make her sit there for 3 hours as he went on and on about everything that she did naturally that made people like her, like her cute little hands that narrated what she said when she really got into telling a story or the way her little giggle could make anyone burst into their own fit of laughter. The list was endless and while he liked the way she put others above herself, he knew that it was to an extreme. Balance was always key and he was going to teach her that lesson one day. 

Sorry this chapter is very ugh :) I hope you somehow liked it though hehe 

Also I realized I kept switching between Damian and Damien in like all the chapters oopsies... I don't know which one I want so comment which version of it you like better. I was leaning towards Damien because "Damey" but I'm open to whatever y'all like better! 

How is everyone doing? I'm doing okay, I like the winter months a little less than all the rest so this time of year is not my jam. I am really looking forward to summer though! 

Thanks for reading :) I love y'all to the moon and back