Chapter Twelve: Failed Sleepover

Lily snuggled into Damien's side, her stomach twisting and turning. Alyssa had invited them over and said she wanted a girls night with Lily, and Lily agreed because she loved Alyssa. But she didn't love being in new places that were't Damien's house. 

"Baby," Damien whispered. She looked up at him in response, almost pleading that he made up an excuse to bring her home. Alyssa was too focused on the movie they were watching to notice her brother and Lily. 

"You positive you want to stay tonight?" Lily nodded slowly, avoiding eye contact. She knew he wouldn't try to bring her home now, he wanted her to have a fun night. 

As the movie came to an end, Lily's stomach was in a worse state and her head had begun to throb. 

"Grease is such a classic," Alyssa sighed, getting up and turning the lights back on in her living room. 

"Well... I'll head home and give you two the girls night you wanted," Damien sighed. He got up, kissing Lily's forehead. No please don't leave me. 

"If you need anything just call okay my little flower?"

"Mhm," Lily responded, wishing more than anything she would speak up and go home with Damien now. 

"Take good care of her," he warned to his sister before walking out the door. He wanted more than nothing to stay with Lily, he knew she was really testing her anxiety and he was proud. He knew he had to let her do what she wanted, but he really didn't want her away from him for a full night. 

"Okay, thank god he's gone," Alyssa joked. Lily forced a smile to her face but it quickly faded. Owie my tummy.

"Let's go get changed into PJS and then we can put on some new face masks I just bought!" Alyssa cheered, too busy planning out what she and Lily would do to notice the state of her. 

Lily nodded slowly, grabbing her bag and heading to the bathroom. She pulled out Damien's shirt and held it to her face, breathing in his scent trying to calm herself. Be a big girl it hasn't even been 5 minutes! She changed into Damien's shirt before taking a deep breath and walking out of the bathroom. The next thing she knew she was running back in the bathroom, emptying her stomach contents in the toilet. 

Alyssa ran in, holding her hair back as she got sick. 

"It's okay, Lils, I got you. You're okay sweetie," Alyssa comforted, patting her back. 

The sound of Lily's sobs filled the bathroom, her breathing become uneven and she gasped for air. I want Damey. She wished she could say it but all that came out were pathetic gasps.

"Hey, hey, hey. Breathe in honey, then out," Alyssa instructed. Lily tried her best to listen, she was so dizzy. She sucked in a breathe and released it. 

After a few she managed to gasp out, "D-damey."

"Okay, I'll call him, don't worry. Just keep breathing okay?" Alyssa said. 

Alyssa ran to grab her phone and Lily tried to focus on her breathing and not the fact that she felt like she had no control over anything. 

"Here, I'll hold it for you," Alyssa said, pressing the phone to Lily's ear. Lily was holding onto the toilet seat, griping it so tightly her knuckles turned white. 

"Hi, baby, I'm on my way," Damien said. She started crying again, and Alyssa rubbed her back. 

"Sshhh, it's okay. You're okay honey. I want you to breathe for me okay? Can you do that?" Lily let out a meek whine in response, trying to stop the sobs that escaped her mouth. She tried to breathe, tried to to do her best. Do it for Damey.