Chapter One: Accidental Murderer

The girl squat down, her golden brown hair cascading down her back as it glowed in the warm summer sun. She carefully picked the purple lily she wanted and added it to her forming bouquet. Her sister, 2 years her senior rolled her eyes at her sister's child like behavior. 

"Lily! Hurry up! Markus is coming over soon," the older sister huffed. Lily pouted, clearly showing her distain for her sisters current boyfriend. 

"C-can we stop on the way home and get boba?" Lily asked. 

"C-c-can you speak english?" She mocked. "You don't need that anyway it's just sugar and carbs."

Frowning, Lily stood up and dusted her dress off. She didn't like when Bella talked to her like that but she still loved her sister dearly no matter what. 

"Bella?" Lily asked as they climbed in the car. 

"What do you want now?"

"I wanted to say thank you for bringing me here," she muttered. 

"You're so ungrateful you didn't even offer to drive home."

"I-I don't know how," Lily responded, eyebrows scrunched. 

"You're 17, you should know how to drive!"

"B-but no one taught me."

"Guess what you ugly bitch, I tried and you cried about it like a little fucking crybaby. No wonder Mom and Dad left you," Bella snapped. 

Lily's eyes filled with tears as she looked out the window. 

They drove home in silence, Bella muttering to herself how much she hated being the guardian of her bratty little sister. 

Bella took a sharp left, and Lily looked up. 

"I need to go get something for Markus, stay in the car. I don't want to be seen with such a fat whore."

Bella got out, slamming the door. Lily had been sitting there for 5 minutes when a car was pulling in. A bird flew into the windshield and fell on the hood and before she knew it, Lily was out of her car and running to help the bird. The screech of tires filled her ears as she realized she was standing in front of the Rolls Royce. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" A deep voice questioned. Lily was too busy staring at the unmoving bird, a tiny line of blood draining from it's lifeless body. Her eyes filled with tears as she took off her t shirt, putting the bird in it. 

"Wow, wow, what are you doing princess?" She felt someone put their large hand on her shoulder. 

"Y-y-you killed this bird," she whimpered, her eyes too focused on the poor bird.

"I didn't mean to, it flew into my windshield," he said, rubbing the girls back. He forced his eyes to stay on her beautiful, pouting face and not her small, curvy body. The tank-top she was wearing should be illegal, he thought. 

"B-but it's babies are going to miss it," she whimpered causing the mans heart to hurt at the sorrowful sound.

He just wanted this girl to be in his arms and he didn't even know her name. Cursing, he racked his brain for an idea. 

"How about we bury the bird somewhere?"

"W-where?" She said, looking at the man for the first time through teary eyes. If she hadn't been so upset she would've been turning red from blushing. He towered over her and was built like a greek god with his arm muscles threatening to rip his dress shirt. 

Lily tried to stop thinking of the stranger like that, he was just an accidental murderer. 

"Where do you want to bury him?"

"Under a big tree," she said after a few moments of thinking. 

"Okay bab-"

"I'm so sorry my little annoying sister is bothering you," Lily felt Bella tug on her arm. 

"What? No, not at all." The man said, eyeing the girl who was digging her fingernails into his girl. 

"B-Bella, stop," Lily whimpered. 

"Come on, Lilly, we got to go," Bella said. "Why did you take your shirt off you're showing off that ugly fat of yours."

At that, the man pulled Lily to his side, glaring at her sister. 

"Don't you fucking speak to her like that. There's no need to be a bitch to your little sister."

"Oh, shut the fuck up you may think she's all innocent but all she is a bitchy whore who needs to lose 30 pounds."

Lily couldn't take it anymore. She began to sob, for her bird who was taken from the world, for her sister who never seemed happy with her and while she thought it to be selfish, she cried for herself. 

The man who's mouth was open to yell at the bitch who stood before him immediately took the bird wrapped in the shirt and picked her up, patting her back softly. "Hey, it's okay baby, get it out. Don't worry," he whispered softly in her ear. He placed the bird in the backseat of his car before going to sit in the front. 

"Have fun with that little cry baby slut!" Bella yelled, getting in her car. 

He clenched his fists, and for the first time ever he wanted to punch a woman straight in the face. 

He rubbed her back as her crying soothed to just soft hiccups and gasps for air. 

"Hey, princess can I see that beautiful little face of yours?" 

She shook her head which was buried in his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head and she felt herself blush. 

"Awww, is my little angel blushing?" He cooed. She looked up at him and he looked down at her, a grin painting his lips. 

Her eyes fell to the wet spot she had made on his shirt from crying and she immediately began apologizing profusely. 

"I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! I'll buy you a new shirt. Oh my god, I-I'm so sorry Mr.," Lily blurted, more tears threatening to escape her beautiful eyes. 

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm Damien," he said, reassuring the girl that he was unbothered by the wet splotch on his shirt. 

"D-damien?"

"Mhm pretty girl?"

"Thank you."

"Anything for you," he responded and he fully meant it. 

Hehe yay first chapter! I hope y'all enjoyed it! Thanks for reading :)

Question of the day: What is your favorite bird? I really like bluebirds (yes they are called bluebirds) they're super cute hehe. 

This is a mountain bluebird and I think they are so cute like look 

🥺