Chapter Seventeen- Relieved

After she was fed her pancake by Damien, unwillingly, she picked out an outfit. It consisted of a pink pleated skirt with a tight cropped white shirt that cinched in the middle. She grabbed a section of hair from each side of her head and made little braids, securing them with an elastic. She dropped one beneath her desk and with a huff she got out of her chair and on to her hands and knees to grab it. 

She heard a deep inhale and she turned around to see Damien, his eyes staring straight at her exposed bottom. She turned the color of her skirt and covered her bottom quickly. 

"Don't bend over at work," he grunted, walking back to his room. 

Lily's phone began to ring and she picked it up, still blushing. 

"Hey Lils, I'm here!" Charlie greeted. 

"Thank y-you so much again! I'll b-be right out," Lily said. Thank god for Charlie. 

"Kay kay, take your time," Charlie said as he ended the call. Lily slipped on a pair of nike pros under her skirt before grabbing her bag and rushing down the stairs. 

Damien was waiting for her at the door, arms crossed as he leaned against the wall next to the door. He was in his signature black dress shirt and trousers, fingers adorned with rings. Lily immediately felt herself heat up as she avoided his eyes, slipping on her shoes.

She went to walk out the door, but Damien stepped in front of it, blocking her way. She tried to side step him, still not meeting his gaze, but he stepped in front of her again. This continued for a good minute before Lily let out an annoyed whine. She felt his fingers grip her chin lightly, his cold rings pressing into her skin, lifting her gaze to meet his. He didn't cause any pain and if he did he wouldn't forgive himself. 

"C-charlie is waiting for me," she huffed, pushing his arms away with a pout. 

"So I'm not good enough for a good bye hug?" Damien mocked her pout, making her roll her eyes at the gesture. 

"Bye Damien." Lily mumbled, running past him. She wished he had stopped her. Damien stood there, dumb founded. 

She always calls me Damey not Damien. Fuck what did I do? Damien wondered, his lips in a deep frown as she closed the door behind herself. 

Lily sped walked to the car before hopping in. 

"Hey lovie!" Charlie smiled but when he saw the girls somber expression his concern grew. "Whats wrong b?" 

"Nothing... j-just tired..." she lied. 

Upon arriving to the café, Lily was sick of Charlie's concerned gazes and the heavy feeling in her stomach was getting worse. It was like there was a bundle of yarn in her stomach that kept getting more tangled the more she thought about being away from Damien and how she was supposed to let him be with someone else. 

The morning went by normal despite Lily not being able to control her stuttering even more than normal and the usual comforting smell of the baked goods made her want to barf. Just as she was putting a new batch of cookies in the oven, in walked Alyssa with a woman. 

"Hi Lils, this is Reyna!"

Lily's stomach dropped. Reyna was so gorgeous- she had shoulder length pin straight black hair and a kind smile. Her beauty was effortless and Lily had to force a smile onto her face. 

She is the opposite of me. 

"Nice to meet you," Reyna said with a soft smile. 

"Y-you t-too," Lily said, cursing herself for her stutters. 

I want Damien. 

"We have to go on a girl's trip one day, it'll be so fun!" Alyssa gushed. 

"Totally," Reyna responded. 

The door to the kitchen opened and in walked Damien. His eyes were trained on Lily and she avoided making eye contact. 

"Hi pretty girl," he cooed, brushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. 

"H-hi," she whispered, wanting nothing more for him to pick her up and bring her home. 

"Awwww, y'all are so cute," Reyna teased. "You better treat Lily well or I'll have Alyssa and Bryant kick your ass," she threatened. 

Wait what?

"I told you, Damien is whipped," Alyssa chuckled, earning a grunt from Damien before he leaned against the counter, pulling Lily closer to him. "Speaking of Bryant, he better stop by before your wedding or I am going to throw a scone at him," Alyssa added. 

 Isn't she- wait- oh my god. Lily realized in that moment that the whole time she was being a dramatic brat. But she felt so relieved when she realized she could hang onto him a little longer. Reyna never wanted Damien like that... I mean who wouldn't though? 

"Please, he's been so busy with the new company but I'll tell him to stop by sooner than later. Anyway, I want a double chocolate blueberry muffin, I've been craving them since you moved out," Reyna said and Alyssa laughed. 

"Okay, I think Charlie made this batch but I can attest they are just as good as mine."

"Have you eaten lunch baby?" Damien whispered in her ear, moving her hair to one side of her shoulder, his breath tickling her exposed neck. 

"No..." she muttered, just now realizing her stomach felt calmer now Damien was close. 

"How about I bring you home early and we can sit and eat hm?" 

Lily nodded burying her face into his shirt. She didn't know why she was crying but her whole body was shaking with soft sobs as Damien held her close, whispering to her how worthy of life and love she was. 

"Is it okay if I pick you up baby?" 

"Mhm," she mumbled, his hands scooping her up, one under her bottom, the other around her back. 

"Lyssa, tell Reyna we'll have to reschedule. Lily isn't feeling well," Damien said softly, Lily enjoying the way his voice vibrated in his chest that she laid her head against. 

"Okay, feel better Lils," Alyssa said, frowning at Lily in her brothers arms. 

Damien didn't try to make Lily sit in the passenger seat- he let her clung to him as he drove them home. 

That night, the moment she fell asleep, he wiggled out of her arms and called the psychiatrist. 

WOOOO!!! Y'all probably like wtf is even going on and honestly same!! :) It should make sense too but uh my writing is getting so shit its not even funny. 

ANYWAYS how r yallllllllll!!

Welcome any new readerssss!!! Hi to all my old readers!! Love y'alllll

Also thank you so much for 16.1k reads and 1k votes AHHH I love y'all so so much!!!