Chapter Fourteen- Being Brave

Lily went back to work the next day, unaware of how awkward it was for Damien to walk her in as his sister looked at him apologetically. She was still nervous to be at work, but she found baking therapeutic. 

She walked into the kitchen where Charlie was kneading out dough for cinnamon rolls. 

"Hey Lils!" Charlie smiled. 

"H-hi!" She greeted, fidgeting with the bottom of her apron. 

"Hey girl I love your outfit!" Lorelei complimented as she walked in. She had gotten her braids redone, golden string weaving through her dark hair with gold beads throughout. 

"Y-your hair looks so p-pretty!" Lily gushed. 

"Aww thanks babes. My auntie does them. Me and my brothers girl friend went together after work yesterday."

"Tell your auntie to stop by one day! I miss that girl!" Charlie exclaimed. 

Karley walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes yawning. "You think Alyssa will be mad if I fall asleep?" She groaned. 

"What happened with you?" Charlie asked. 

"My girlfriend came home late from her shift and then we stayed up watching movies.... and then you know..." she trailed off. 

"Dang," Lorelei laughed. Lily cocked her head, clearly confused. 

"Don't worry about it Lils, they just stayed up all night watching movies," Lorelei lied, not wanting to corrupt the girl. 

"Oooo w-what di-did you watch?" She cursed herself for stuttering, she knew she shouldn't be ashamed and Damien had told her it was normal but she couldn't help feeling ashamed.

"Uhhhh... the first few Hunger Game movies," Karley answered. 

"Hey Lily, can I talk to you?" Alyssa asked as she walked into the kitchen. 

"Y-yeah of course!" She said, taking her apron off. 

Alyssa led her to her office where she had Lily sit down. 

"I just have a few questions... about Damien..." Alyssa trailed off. Lily's face lit up at the thought of him and she wished she was in his arms. Alyssa noticed it too, taking it as a good sign. But she had to make sure. 

"Lils, I know that you like Damien very much, but has he ever done anything that makes you uncomfortable?"

"Y-yes! He t-tickles me!" Lily burst into soft laugher at the many occasions where he had pinned her down, careful not to hurt her with his weight as his fingers danced across her sides. 

"No, hun, I mean like made you feel bad uncomfortable?"

"N-no..." Lily trailed off confused. Damey is so perfect he never makes me uncomfy. 

"You sure? Has he ever touched you somewhere that he shouldn't?" Alyssa pried. She knew her brother was a good person, but that didn't mean that she would allow him to touch a minor, especially a girl as innocent as Lily. 

"Huh?" Lily questioned. 

Alyssa paused, deciding that she went far enough. She knew if he had, Lily wouldn't be acting the way she was. 

"Nothing, never mind. Was just curious that's all. You want to come over for dinner?" Alyssa asked, changing the topic. 

"S-sure!"

"Okay, call Damien and let me know what he says," Alyssa smiled. The only way she would be able to talk to her brother to apologize would be through Lily.