Chapter Eight: Surprise Visitor

Lily's giggles echoed across the kitchen as Damien chased her around the kitchen island. 

He stopped running and so did she, her eyes looking up and down his body as he stood on the opposite side of the island. That suit though. 

"Baby," he warned. "I can't be late. I won't be gone long, I'll even bring you home lunch hm?"

She knew she was selfish, bratty even but she couldn't help it. She didn't want him to leave her all alone in his big house. She decided it was best to trudge her way over to him. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs tight around his waist. 

She didn't know how much this turned Damien on, the feeling of her thighs squeezed tight around him. Fuck, I can't have a hard on in front of the new interns. 

He patted her bum, chuckling when she her arms tightened around his neck. 

"I'll be home very soon okay?" He said, putting her down. He headed to the door, and turned to look back at her. Her arms were crossed and her eyebrows scrunches, a pout decorating her lips. 

"Okay?" He repeated. 

"Hmph," she pouted. 

"Where'd this attitude come from hm?"

"Up your booty," she responded confidently. He was glad she was comfortable enough to be a brat around him, and he would let it slide this time. 

"Oh yeah, baby? You wouldn't be saying that if you were over my lap huh?" He cooed. Her cheeks turned pink, and she shook her head in defiance. Her ass would look beautiful with my hand prints. 

He motioned with his fingers for her to walk over and she obeyed like the good girl Damien knew she was. 

He kissed her forehead and she grabbed his hand quickly, taking the ring from his pinky finger and kissing it before putting it back on. 

"B-be safe! Text me when you get there a-and also make sure to be nice," she smiled up at him, forgetting she was mad at him for leaving. He chuckled, wishing he could embrace her again. He walked out the door into the garage and Lily waved before shutting and locking the door. 

Lily walked to their room and plopped onto the bed. She held Damey's pillow, sniffing it. Silly Lilly. Her Mama and Dad used to call her that. She smiled at the memory, trying her best to not cry when she thought about how much she missed them. Damey had told her that they would want her to be happy and so she was trying her best. 

She decided that watching tv would be a good distraction so she put on A Series of Unfortunate Events, reminiscing in the nostalgia. Bella and her used to read them together up in their old tree house, the summer breeze flowing through the open windows. Their Dad had built it for them by himself, and although it was a little creaky, it was stable enough for them. 

She was snapped out of her thoughts by the ring of the doorbell. Who could be here? Maybe a delivery man?

Lily sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, grabbing her phone and calling Damien. 

"Hey baby," he answered. 

"D-damey someone is here and I don't know who. Are we getting any deliveries?" 

"What? No, stay right there, don't open any doors okay? I'll be right there honey okay?" 

"Y-yes b-but can yo-you stay on the phone?" Lily stuttered, her heart beating faster and faster. 

"Of course, now I want you to go into our room okay? Lock the door and grab Poppy and then I want you to go into the closet. You're safe, my sweet girl okay?"