Chapter Eighteen: Diagnosis

Waking up the next morning, Lily buried her face further into Damien's bare chest and let out a little whine when she felt his hands leave her sides. 

"Sshhh, I'm right here pretty girl. I just got to use the bathroom."

"Hmph," she muttered, making grabby hands when he got up. 

"You need to go potty?" He cooed. She nodded and he picked her up, carrying her over to the toilet. With half closed eyes, she sat down on the toilet and did her business. She got up and washed her hands before heading back to their bed where she laid face down, already missing Damien's presence. 

What was only a mere minute but felt like an eternity, Damien was back. He pulled her into his lap and rocked his body back and forth, calming her instantly. 

"Lil, I have something to tell you. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed I'm right here and I will always keep you safe," he paused slowly and looked down to see Lily gazing up at him, eyes wide and alert. He continued, "I made an appointment with a doctor to talk about your mental health. I understand if you're scared but trust me it will help you a lot. This is not me saying you a burden to me in anyway, I love holding you twenty-four-seven. But, I know it's really hard for you to go places without me and even sometimes when I'm there you don't feel too well." 

Lily shook her head frantically. "N-No, I'm okay! I promise!" 

"We both know that's not true," Damien said softly. 

Lily crossed her arms, pouting, fighting tears. "Is it because you don't like me anymore?" She whimpered. 

"Stop it," Damien warned. "Get that fucking thought out of your pretty little head. I love you and I want you to be happy and healthy."

"B-but you make me happy!" She argued. 

"We aren't going to argue about this. You either go to the doctors willingly or I'll drag you in there. You choose."

"You're being a poop head," Lily scoffed. 

"And you're being a little brat," Damien teased, an edge of seriousness in his voice. 

"Damey," she whined, looking up at him as she pouted. 

His breathe caught in his throat. No matter how long he would know her, he would always fall victim to her pout. He couldn't help it especially when his girl got all cute and tried to make him soft for her. 

"This isn't up for debate," He said, almost challenging her to respond. And of course she did. 

"Well I don't wanna go. Please, I'll do anything!"

"Oh anything?" He smirked, tickling her sides making her squirm and giggle. 

"Stop it! I'm being seriousssss," she whined. 

"I bet you are," Damien teased. 

"Damien you're being an a-asshole!" Lily's hands flew up to her mouth the minute she said it. Damien, shocked that Lily even would say a swear word, chuckled to himself. 

"Want to repeat that?" He asked cooly, his hand gently finding its way to her exposed neck. 

"N-no... I'm sorry Damey I love you I just don't want to go! Please don't make me go!" Lily blurted, wrapping her arms around his neck. After a few seconds she timidly withdrew her arms and stared at him, only to feel his fingers grip her chin tightly. 

"I don't care if you want to go, I don't think I asked if you wanted to go. I could care less what you fucking want when it comes to taking care of yourself. Now stop being a naughty little girl with that dirty mouth of yours or if you say a bad word again I'll have to put it better use." Damien demanded. Lily whimpered, not in fear, but in something else that was foreign to her.