31. Wings, Dreams and Happiness

The car traversed through the green lungs of Mumbai, the Aaray forest. The spectacular view and pleasant climate was perfect for a soft melody but the car occupants had a different idea.

Rakshan and Aditi sang on top of their lungs to the high beat song playing in the car stereo. Leaving a rest to their characters, they decided to follow their hearts today. Do all crazy stuffs. Just enjoy being themselves free from responsibilities and duties and celebrate their success. Being similar to each other, they understood each other's unsaid words. They felt a connection.

As the song came to an end, their decibels lowered and their throats parched for elixir. Their hands reached the bottle simultaneously making them burst in laughter. It was good to be childish some times. Understanding it was time to give rest to their throats, they hummed to the tunes silently tapping their legs. The music charging their batteries for a productive day.

Parking the car under a tree shade, they joined the other volunteers of the camp. They were assigned with the task of enlightening the students about the importance of arts and sports. Together they made their way to the yellow coloured single storey school and got separated with their tasks.

******

" And this is how we create our own world with colours." Aditi said as she stroke the brush on the canvas. A loud round of applause followed as she completed the painting.

"Its a beautiful flying horse." A bubbly girl cheered clapping her hands. Aditi smiled and moved to the girl whose hands were filled with different colours.

"Its a unicorn flying towards its dream, cutie pie." Aditi replied placing the girl on her lap and helped her with her sketch.

After helping the girl create her own flying horse, Aditi looked at the innocent souls who were creating their personalized unicorns. Some successful in their attempt and some trying. She was successful with the theme of her drawing ' try until you succeed.'

"Knock, knock do we have a room here?"

Aditi moved her gaze to the door to see a smiling Rakshan with a bunch of kids.

"Ask for permission." She replied in an authoritative tone fixing her imaginary glasses on her nose.

"Mam, can we come in?" He asked obediently making the children laugh. Aditi signaled him to enter.

"We thought of playing basketball. Are you done with your drawing?" Rakshan quipped. Before Aditi could respond, a loud hooting from the kids conveyed him a yes.

Aditi placed her hands on her hips and articulated, "Hey mister, you can't disturb my class. Until they finish their drawing, they won't be coming to play."

Like an obedient student Rakshan nodded and both began helping the children in finishing their paintings.

******

Rakshan and Aditi looked eye to eye challenging each other with the ball bouncing between them. The two teams had played well and brought the match to a tie. Dribbling and running, the team leaders ran all over the ground except to their designated trees which they had assigned as their baskets. They were in no mood to have a single winner.

As Aditi ran she stumbled on a stone and was about to fall. She shut her eyes in fear and got prepared to touch the ground but a pair of strong arms held her firmly around her waist. In reflex she clutched his shirt tight in her tiny fists. She opened her coffee bean sized eyes slowly locking with Rakshan's almond eyes. Time froze as they stood enchanted in each other's eyes, their cheeks heating up. The whistling sounds broke their trance remembering them their positions. Straightening her up, Rakshan took a step back.