20. Battle between heart and mind

Harshan stood giggling at his brother who was busy examining his bruise in front of the mirror. Hearing a soft knock on the door, Harshan walked to the door and opened to see Aditi waiting there, holding a first aid kit tightly. Noticing Aditi through the mirror, Rakshan immediately sprang to the bed. Grimacing at his action, she placed the first aid kit on the bed and sat opposite to him. Silently taking a cotton wrap and applying Dettol on it, Aditi lightly placed it on Rakshan's bruise close to his lips. Rakshan flinched as the antiseptic stung, making Aditi to wince.

"Adi, its Rakshan who is hurt not you." Harshan chuckled as it was Aditi who was making hissing sounds while Rakshan sat quietly. Ignoring his comment, Aditi softly asked Rakshan, "Is it too much paining?"

"Its only a bruise." Rakshan blinked his eyes giving her assurance and allowed her to continue her work.

After a minute, Aditi mused, "You shouldn't have done that."

"I don't regret doing anything wrong there." Rakshan countered back.

"He was drunk." Aditi reasoned out despite knowing she was being foolish.

"That doesn't give him the rights to behave inappropriately with a girl." Rakshan stated contemptuously staring at the kit. Aditi understood it was the end of the conversation and he was right but the bruise on his face that was turning purple didn't let her be in peace.

"I didn't want you to get hurt." Aditi said exasperatedly taking a pinch of the ointment.

"And allow you to get hurt?" Rakshan questioned and firmly held her hand that moved forward to apply ointment on his bruise.

Seeing the situation getting heated, Harshan decided to intervene.

"Adi, its not a big deal! Its common for us to get hurt. When will our muscles come to use...You are our responsibility Adi and we won't be able to forgive ourselves if anything had happened to you there." Harshan side hugged her and took out his clothes for a shower.

"Thank you Rakshan, Harsh." Aditi genuinely thanked them as she gently applied the ointment on the bruise.

"Shut up, Adi." Harshan chirped and exited to the restroom for his shower.

"Can you roll your sleeves?" Aditi pointed looking at the scratches made by Harshan on Rakshan's hand.

"That's not needed." Rakshan pulled his three-forth sleeve further down hiding the scratches which were peeking out slyly. He reluctantly rolled his sleeves and held out his hand as Aditi didn't seem to budge out. He noticed the light red imprint on her wrist.

"You haven't treated your wrist yet."

"I will treat it later." Aditi replied vaguely cleaning his scratches gently. Seeing her previous wincing sounds, he understood that she was not going to treat it and raised his brows challengingly at her.

"You're really Mr Fireball and its nothing it will heal on its own." Aditi shrugged her shoulders as she finished cleaning the scratches. Shaking his head, Rakshan poured the lukewarm water in the bottle beside him on a towel and held her hands strongly in his.

"Mr Fireball you don't need to do that."

"Did I say anything when you helped me?"

"You definitely know how to make me silent."

Rakshan nodded and massaged her wrist with the warm towel smiling to the weird sounds Aditi was making.

******