8. Tit for tat

"Rachu Di, Harshan bhaiya is so sweet and cute."Ayushi exclaimed as she sprang on the bed.

"Ayu, he is too loud and flirty a complete opposite of his silent and serious younger brother." Rachna said narrowly looking at her cousin, pulling the blankets to cover herself.

"What's this Di, you can't judge them like that within two days."Ayushi protested.

"I can say the same Ayu." Rachna countered back ruffling her cousin's hair.

"Di, I just made a statement." Ayushi groaned. She was a person who looked at the optimistic sides in the people.

"Fine, he is good looking and a good man. Happy!"Rachna pacified her sister.

"Good looking? Rachu Di have you lost your eyesight. He is damn mouth watering."

"You are going too much out of control." Rachna slapped her sister on her back.

"Guys, we are here to enjoy our vacation not to make any comments. Now please allow me to sleep." Aditi said getting up from her bean bag and rested her back on the soft matress.

"Yes, we make comments while others openly gawk. Amn't I right butterfingers?"Ayushi squealed into her sister's ear lying beside her. She had noticed her sister staring at Rakshan in the airport. How can she leave a chance in pulling her sister's leg.

"What?" Rachna shouted.

"Nothing Di. Shut your stupid mouth and lights, little devil." Aditi whimpered and closed her eyes for the night.

******

Harshan rubbed his eyes and sat up to look at his younger brother shutting down his laptop. Hearing the ruffling of sheets, Rakshan twirled to look at his brother.

"Good morning Bhai!" Rakshan wished his brother taking out his clothes for a shower.

"Good morning Duffer!" Harshan greeted his brother with a mischievous grin. As Rakshan was about to enter the washroom, Harshan caught up to his pace, snatching the towel from his brother entered into the washroom and banged the door on his brother's face.

Rakshan took a minute to comprehend the situation that passed before him. Hearing the chortle of his brother, he snarled and like a flash of light an idea struck his brain. Leaving the clothes on the study chair, he took the old skating board placed in the cupboard and executed his plan.

As Harshan flung the door open, his right leg settled on the skating board placed exactly next to the door which skated him along the floor and slammed him squarely on the wall. He winced in pain as soon as he got a control on his body. The loud laugh of Rakshan enraged him further. To teach his younger brother a good lesson, Harshan marched towards Rakshan.

Rakshan got alerted seeing the bull in his brother and ran out of the room with the wide bull chasing behind him.

"Rakshan, I won't spare you once I get a hold of you."Harshan barked loudly making the heads in the living room turn towards their direction.

"For that you need to catch me first big brother!"Rakshan ran towards the small pond in the back garden.

"See I will catch you now!" Harshan sprinted towards his brother who was catching hold of his breath right next to the pond.

Harshan ran with his full force to reach his brother, at the exact movement Rakshan stepped away from the pond. Unable to control his speed, Harshan tumbled into the pond.

"This is why you should not mess with Mr Rakshan Arya, big brother." Rakshan held out his hands to a drenched and trembling Harshan who was in no mood to spare his younger one.

Holding onto his younger brother's hand, Harshan pulled Rakshan into the pond.

"Tit for tat, little brother."

The two shivering and soused brother's were met with roars of laughter from the family as they made their way out of the pond.

******

"Have this soup quietly both of you . I don't want to hear any no's." Suchitra said sternly drying Harshan's hair with a towel while internally smiling. Not wanting to test their extra caring grandmother's temper, the two boys gulped the soup in one go, making distasteful faces.

"How cute! You both are like Tom and Jerry. Next time I will execute this plan with Adi" Ayushi asserted merrily.

"In your dreams little devil. Don't you have to go to your friend's place?"

"Oh yes! I forgot."

Soon everyone departed from the table leaving behind Rakshan and Aditi who were having their morning breakfast.

After a lot of contemplation, Rakshan called Aditi, "Hey, can you send me the photos we snapped yesterday."

"Yes, say me your number."Aditi asked politely. After storing his number under the contact name Mr Fireball, she messaged him the photos.

"Thank you." Rakshan gently said keeping his spoon on the plate and looked at the pictures in the mobile. Aditi observed him as his lips twitched into a broad smile which involuntarily creased her lips into a smile.

******

"Rachna, are you sure you want to meet the boy? You don't have to do it under any compulsion." Amitosh told his granddaughter softly.

"Yes Dadu, I want to do this. I was unsure before but now I want to do this to get a clear picture of myself. When I have to meet the boy?" Rachna comforted her grandparents who smiled widely.

"A day after Ayushi's birthday. The final say is yours Rachu. Think wisely and choose." Malini patted her granddaughter's head.

"Okay Dadi."

******

"I'm so happy, Suchitra." Dheeraj yelled happily to Suchitra who was busy knitting a scarf.

"Even I am. Today seeing the two boys chasing each other it felt like the old times."Suchitra said as a nostalgic smile played on her lips.

"I just hope they reconcile with each other forgetting the differences between them, Suchitra. Shall we talk to them about this once."

"I understand your feelings and I wish the same Dheeraj but we can't interfere in their fights when they have strictly kept us away from their issues. Moreover, they are no small kids, they are mature adults capable of solving their own problems. Trust our grandsons, they will come strong out of this." Suchitra comforted her husband with an assuring smile.

-----------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys!!

The next update will be very soon. The story is going to catch its pace within few chapters.

Till then, bye!