18. Win - Win

"And what is the next ingredient required?" Rachna questioned placing the required tins and bowls on the kitchen counter.

"The last and most important ingredient, love." Harshan chirped.

Sitting on the counter, munching on a pappad, he further continued, "Even if your cooking turns out to be a disaster, your love will be able to feed our stomach." Rachna shook her head and threw a spatula at him.

"Be kind on me woman I'm sitting with you from early morning here. I sincerely oblige you to join my kindness classes after cooking classes." He teased her catching the spatula thrown at him.

"Drama." Rachna chided wiping the sweatbuds on her forehead and began dicing the vegetable.

"So why cooking?"

"Mom says that food is the key to anyone's heart....so, why not start my apology with a surprise morning breakfast. And thanks for helping me out here I couldn't have asked my family's help."

Harshan looked intently at Rachna and smiled. Helping her in the kitchen for past four hours, he can boldly state that she was clearly inexperienced in handling kitchen. The criss-crossed vegetable pieces, the grains on the floor and the combination of curry and sauce on her apron certified it.

However, his eyes could never ignore the heart she gave in preparing everyone's favourite dish for the morning breakfast despite the numerous cuts and burns she had got in the process or how badly she was sweating.