6. Small talks

Rakshan grumbled in his sleep when he heard a knock on the door. Stirring his blankets aside, he rubbed his eyes and took his watch to look at the time. 11:45 it displayed. Realization dawned upon him, last night he witnessed his elder brother's crow screeching singing atrocities. Fearing his ears would start to bleed, he shouted at Harshan who finally pitied his younger brother and closed his mouth at midnight but not before warning Rakshan about the revenge he would be taking the next morning. Unfortunately, Rakshan closed his eyes only at the crack of dawn. He huffed and jumped out of the bed to open the door as the knock resounded.

"Good morning!"Aditi greeted dressed in a blue t-shirt paired with white capris who was trying badly to keep up a straight face.

"Good morning." Rakshan frowned at her whose eyes were dancing in amusement. Unable to withstand any more, Aditi cracked up laughing. Rakshan scowled and passed her a displeasing look. Sensing his frustration, Aditi decided to reply in between her giggles.

"That's not the look you carry with your make-up."

"What?"Rakshan asked in confusion.

Aditi pointed towards the mirror. He moved aside to the dressing table and looked at a red nose, dark blue shaded eyes with a white coloured face more precisely a clown in the mirror. He stood aghast seeing his reflection, he didn't expect his brother to take such a reprisal. Awkwardly he glanced at Aditi who immediately stopped her laughter.

"Suchitra dadi asked me to wake you up for lunch. Be down soon." Aditi blurted and rushed out of the room.

"Mr Fireball: The clown!"Aditi laughed to herself on the way downstairs.

Rakshan stared at the mirror with a small smile remembering his childhood where Harshan and he pulled this prank on their father. With Harshan speaking face to face with him, he only wished the misunderstandings between them gets sorted. After cleaning up, he scrutinized his face for any trace marks in the mirror. He decided to take a short nap after lunch seeing his sleep deprived face and marched towards the dining room.

"Good afternoon, Rakshan!" He heard the loud voice of his brother who had a smug grin plastered on his face as soon as he reached the dinning room.

"Good afternoon everyone. I'm sorry for the-"

"Relax son, you're on a vacation. Sit down." Malini hushed him. The dining table was a ten seater with Amitosh siting at the head while to his left sat the Arya's and his family on the other side. Throughout the lunch Rakshan kept looking at his plate too embarrassed to look at Aditi who was sitting opposite to him. Aditi and Harshan were having a tough time in controlling their smiles.

******

After lunch all the elders and Rakshan left to their rooms to have a short nap. Rachna was bored as Aditi and Ayushi had gone to the market to buy groceries and other essential stuffs. She had called her office to know about the work progress but her employees refused to divulge any information as her uncle had strictly forbidden them from doing so. Rachna whose mind was programmed even to work on Sunday was finding it hard to adapt to the new change. Deciding to watch television, she walked to the living room.

"Okay guys, keep me updated with further work and in case of any doubts message or mail me." Harshan spoke to his staff in the video conference and passed a smile to Rachna on seeing her in the living room.

"Lucky he." Rachna thought to herself giving him a tight lipped smile and began watching business news in mute. Ending the call after ten minutes, Harshan joined her on the sofa.