7.Dazzling Diamonds vs Ravishing Rubies

The morning sunlight peeping through the window interrupted Aditi's peaceful sleep. Yawning she woke up lifting Ayushi's arms and legs that were holding her, placing it on the bed. She turned to her other side to see Rachna sleeping straight clutching her side pillow tightly. Last night she had seen her cousin dancing carefree. An automatic smile graced her lips remembering the dance. She may have not been with her cousin for the past two years but she was aware of how Rachna was immersing herself into the puddle of work. She knew her sister had high aspirations and wanted to shut the judging mouths of people who considered her position in the company was merely due to her family status. Sighing she jumped off the bed, pulling the quilt over her sisters. Deciding to go for a jog, she wore a white hoodie and black track pant.

The soothing morning silence and the calm breeze provided tranquility to her heart. She loved this solitude, spending time with herself faraway from the hustle and bustle of the city life. When she felt the city was beginning to start its day, she made her way towards her home. Making her way back, she saw a familiar figure in black hoodie jogging towards her. As the figure came closer, she saw Mr Fireball sweating, his face had a radiant glow from the previous night sleep. She wondered whether Mr Fireball was obsessed with black as out of the three meetings they had he had worn black.

When they were face to face with each other both of them briefly stopped jogging. Aditi smiled at him which Rakshan reciprocated with a faint smile. Not knowing what to speak next, both of them jogged in the opposite directions. Rakshan had a good sleep last night as Harshan fell asleep early. He did not expect to meet Aditi in the lane. When he saw her, he first thought of clearing the previous day encounter but the confident Rakshan in him remained tongue tied. After all it was the first time in twenty five years of his existence a girl had seen him like that.

******

"Arya's vs Verma's"Dheeraj said.

"No, boys vs girls." Malini affirmed.

Presently, the younger generation were gaping at their grandparents who fought worse than small kids for selection of teams. The entire household had assembled in the living room to play antakshri after lunch.

"Guys, cool down. We will sort out the teams patiently." Harshan silenced the commotion.

"Harsh then you better suggest a good idea."Suchitra suggested.

"Okay, Dadu, Malini Dadi, Aditi, Nirmal and myself will be in one team and the remaining all can be on the other team."Harshan said. Rakshan raised a brow at his brother who feigned innocence.

"Rakshan bhaiya and Suchitra Dadi, we only have to make our team win. As Rachu di and Dadu are lost case in movies and songs." Ayushi said dramatically.

"That's not true."Amitosh appaled

"We will see that Amit in the game."Malini chided her husband and moved to sit with her team.

"We are the Dazzling Diamonds."Aditi announced.

"Ooo...We are the Ravishing Rubies." Rachna fist-bumped with Ayushi. The game began.

"Yeh dosti hum nahin todenge

Todenge dam magar tera saatha na chhodenge

Aye meri jeet teri jeet teri haar meri haar

Sun aye mere yaar

Tera gham mera gham teri jaan meri jaan

Aisa apna pyaar"