21. We aren't on the same page

Aditi was spellbound by the breathtaking panorama in front of her. The orange hues of the dusk complimenting the green pastures of the valley, showed heaven to her on earth. Shouting her name loudly, she heard the hills echoing her name Aditi repeatedly, making her grin ear to ear. For a moment, she wanted to remain forever there, between the lush green trees under the open blue sky blending with the nature.

After trekking to various points, visiting the flower bedded Paymaster park and buying regional handicrafts for their families, the gang settled for the night on one of the cliffs along with the crew. Making two medium-sized tents, one for the boys and other for the girls, they joined their crew to spend their night with bonfire, music and talks, as darkness enveloped the sky.

Covering herself with a blanket and folding her arms across her chest, Rachna smiled at Harshan who was crazily dancing to an off beat song with Ayushi. The whole day she had spent with Harshan holding his hands, shopping with him, fighting with him, getting scolded for being careless whenever she stumbled. She didn't know what she shared with him was friendship or something more but whatever it was made her feel in bliss. She loved the feeling and if it was love then she was ready to fall in love with him. After his dance, Harshan sat beside Rachna giving her company, talking and laughing together.

Rakshan with a smile resting on his face walked across the woods enjoying the solitude. He had moved away from the open air party to spend time with nature. The melody of the winds soothed his heart taking him from the piles of work he had to complete. He always found peace in nature. As he walked further, he was surprised to see Aditi holding a book near to her chest, sitting on a boulder. Initially, he thought of moving back but he was intrigued by the book she was holding. Thus, making his way towards her.

"Jonathan Livingston Seagull!" Rakshan exclaimed as Aditi nodded in response and made space for him on the boulder.

"Its one of my favourite's." Rakshan stated holding the book she extended.

"Mine too." Aditi replied resting her head on her knees and breathed the moist air, closing her eyes. Rakshan smiled spontaneously at her figure, she was literally enjoying the moment under the star-gazed sky.

"You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way." He lilted his favourite line from the book smiling at the sky. Hearing those words, Aditi opened her eyes and gave him a heart warming smile.

"That's my favourite line too and it perfectly suits you." Aditi conferred earning a chuckle from him. Keeping the book down, he stretched his hands on the boulder.

"What makes you think like that?"

Aditi smiled at him and replied, "Like Jonathan you stood up to fulfill your dreams and you're doing great."

"Have you found yours?" Rakshan asked flipping the pages of the book. Aditi stared at the dark valley pondering her thoughts as a brittle silence passed between them.

"I don't know Rakshan. I'm happy at this moment in between this nature, my family and my work but I do know I want to stretch my wings further. I want to learn more, help people here. Maybe one day, I would make my dreams come true until then I will keep finding the path of my seagull." Aditi voiced out turning her head which were resting on her legs towards him.

"Might be one day you would find your Chiang who will teach you to take your flight." Rakshan remarked staring intently at her black mono-lid eyes.

"Maybe but for now I will learn like Jonathan, Mr Fireball." Aditi beamed enthusiastically letting her legs hit the ground. They silently sat beside each other gazing the stars and feeling the cool breeze. When darkness seeped more, they made their way to their tents.