Ever Since This Began...

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"She's just a girl, how could you?!" My mother yelled. I winced, touching the many bruises on my slim thighs. Once again, at the age of ten, I'd been beaten by my alcoholic father.

"It's a She-Devil. She didn't cook for me before you got home." My father slurred. It was true; while my mother worked, I was supposed to cook for my father. That day though, I'd been beaten up at school by a clique of girls. I'd gotten home bleeding and crying, so I slumped on the couch and fell asleep. My wake up call, my father pulling my off the couch by my hair, was fairly unpleasant and surprising. I had not expected to fall asleep.

"She is a child! Not your slave! You can't just-" my mother, oh dear mother started, but was cut off by a slap in the face from my father's hand.

"Shuddup, worthless girl. I knew I shouldn't have married you." He stepped over my mother to the kitchen. Another wine bottle later, I wiped my tears and ran up to my room, and managed to find a pair or earbuds, my phone, and my escape; music.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

"Hi Jay. I have something to tell you," my boyfriend, Isaiah, told me as he tugged on my left arm's sleeve, pulling me to a corner. He was tall and well built, slightly tan, and a side smile his regular greeting.

"What's up Zay? Please you're scaring me." I pleaded, anticipating what he would say. Suddenly, the kindness, cuteness, and innocence dissappeared from his warm smile and brown eyes. They were replaced by victory, selfishness, and boredom.

"I never loved you. That year of 'I love you's, Jay, I was payed every time I told you that. It was a dare for three hundred dollars. Go out with goth girl for a couple of months and get the money, Zay. That is a great deal for me.

I felt tears prick at my eyes. What? So I was  in love with a lie? A farse? Maybe I heard wrong? In one quick move, Isaiah lifted my chin with his index finger, forcing my eyes to meet his own honey brown orbs. "Oh Scarlett, if only there was someone who loved you."

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

"I hate you! I fucking hate you! I trusted you, Michael!" I yelled at my boyfriend. He had asked me to meet him at Starbucks for our five month aniversary, and I'd been excited about it, since it was at the same Starbucks where we met, and kissed for the first time, also where he asked me out.

Problem was, I wasn't the only girl.

When I arrived, he was sitting in his regular attire; black t-shirt under an unbuttoned button-up, blue skinny jeans, and black Vans. He was accompanied by a pretty blonde in a similar outfit, and I'd guessed she was a friend he'd found and asked to sit with. I continued to watch them, since I was walking into the shop. Michael seemed to mention something pretty damn hilarious, because Blonde wouldn't stop laughing. When her giggling ceased, they looked at each other for a few moments, then Blonde kissed Michael.

My Michael.

But he didn't resist or pull away. Instead, I watched him kiss her back, and even slip his tongue into her mouth. All this happened as I walked into the now damned Starbucks. That's when I started yelling. "Woah wait it's not what it seems!" He yelled back at me. "Oh yeah? Then explain, Michael, what were you doing? Huh?" I asked, sarcasm dripping in my voice.

"I-I was uh..umm..just..umm..you know just.." he shuffled in his mind for an excuse that I was not about to take.

"You know what? Fuck you Michael." I yelled and stormed away.

So there are some shitty flashbacks. I love yallz.

Yah I was watching Frozen as this was written

Scarlett is dreaming while in a coma, just in case it didn't make sense for some of you guys.