I Said I'll Check In Tomorrow, If I Don't Wake Up Dead.

~Scarlett's POV~

I guess I must've pretty much dropped dead last night, because I woke up, every muscle aching from sleeping uncomfortably. "Aarrggghh" I moaned as my body fought against the pain to stand up. "Well, you're up." I heard a familiar soprano voice say.

Fer.

"Fer..oh my god. You better?" I quickly questioned, remembering why she wasn't at home. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever it is to be better. You knew, didn't you?" She mumbled as her voice cracked a bit. Instantly, my mind raced back to the small velvet box. "Th-that he was gonna'-" I was cut short by Fer nodding her head quickly. "Yeah. When when they g-gave me his c-c-clothes it was in his back poc-cket." She managed to choke out.

"Oh Fer. I know, I know darling. I'm right here. I'm right here." I cooed and hugged my friend as she broke down yet again. "I need a minute, Scar. Please." She looked at me with vulnerability. The once strong, stubborn, undefeated girl I knew was now broken, helpless, and vulnerable. "Okay. If you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen." I said looking into my sister's icy blue eyes. She nodded, gesturing she'd heard what I said.

Walking into the kitchen thing at the back of the bus, I sighed and slumped down on a chair. "Hey Scar, are you feeling better?" A deep voice said behind me. "Yeah Tone. Whatever it is you call better." I responded, mimicking Fer's words. "Sorry. Ah, come here." The man said when he saw me begin to tear up. Again.

"It's okay it's okay I know I know." He repeatedly whispered into my head. I had been pulled to his lap, my legs dangling off to the left side of himself, head resting on his tattooed chest.

"I can't believe it, y'know? I just lost one of my brothers. My sister is over there, mourning, and there is nothing I can do about it. She's my like little sister Tone. I was supposed to keep her from breaking down like this." I whispered when my voice was once again stable.

"Oh Scarlett. You couldn't have done anything about it, and you know that. I know it's hard, but it's gonna' be alright. Fer will be alright. It seems impossible, but we will brave this storm. Trust me, it will get better. Fer will be happy again in time. All you need is time." He whispered back.

"Time will show, Tone. Time will show." I said back. Soon, there was the sounds of beds creaking, feet hitting the floor, and mumbling about some crazy "food apocalypse" dream. The murmurs belonged to Jaime, I knew that. That crazy boy. I slowly let a small smile creep to my lips. Maybe things would get better, but it was too soon to tell.

~Jaime's POV~ {Bc he's awesome and I love him}

I woke up from the terrible nightmare I'd been living in; a food apocalypse. The food turned evil and chased people, eating them. "I need to stop watching TV. Food apocalypse isn't pretty." I whispered to no one in specific. Then I heard a small, light giggle, and turned to see Fer behind me, laughing at my remark.

"Hey Fer. How yeh doing?" I said in a small voice. I didn't like her, I mean yeah she was pretty but just not...my type. "Well, I've been better." She responded. I mentally slapped myself. Duh, her boyfriend just died, idiot.

"Sorry. Umm, do you want some coffee or something?" I offered and she hesitated before slowly nodding her head. I brought back two mugs. One red with white stripes down the middle and the second was black with white letters saying 'Jaime time' . I saw Fer smile and raise a brow as she eyed my mug. "A fan gift." I shrugged. "And you kept it?" She asked again, amused. "Yeah, I mean, why not?" I responded and shrugged once more. "Cool." Was all she said before drinking the coffee I'd brought.

"Hey Fer...you better?" Vic questioned, concern etched on his face. He was dressed in an oversized blue tee that went a bit above his hips, and baggy white sweats that stopped at his ankles. His brown, wavy hair was all messy and tangled, leaving him looking like a homeless person. "Yeah, I guess." Fer said as she smiled, though it was obviously a lie. "No you're not. Come here." Vic whispered and approached Fer, tan arms open for a hug. Ungulfed in his embrace, I smiled and thought;

AAWEHH I THINK VIC LIKES FER OH SWEET MOTHER OF TACOS BUT SHE JUST LOST HER BF

♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤

OH YA JAIME FIGURED IT OUT.

VOTE? COMMENT? FAN?

READ MY ASHLEY PURDY FANFIC PLZ? I PROMISE TO NOT BITE.

LOVEZ YALL

Listening to: I Don't Care If You're Contagious by Pierce The Veil