Your Secrets Keep You Safe

*Still Scar's POV*

"Is it naïve to make plans that seem, so far away?" Kellin's voice sung into my headphones. It'd been a week now, and I'd finally gotten proper rest. "SCARLETT COME OVER HERE LIKE RIGHT NOW AND GET MIKE OFF ME AAGH!" Marc. "Bleh." I murmured, scratching the back of my neck. When my hand faintly brushed over my neck tattoo, I felt the familiar tingle at my back I wished would just go away.

"Mike. Quit flirting and get off Marc." I shrugged and mentally giggled when Mike blushed. I need a ship name for this. "SCARLETT?" Will they never leave me to watch a movie in peace? "WHAT NOW JAIME?!" I heard his giggling. "Umm you might want to come over here." He laughed again. Trotting up the stairs, I saw Tony and Vic arm wrestling, and Vic was winning.

I rolled my eyes. "This is what you called me up here for? Whatever. I'm going to take a walk okay babe, I need some time alone." I kissed Tony, making him lose concentration which resulted in Vic slamming his hand down in triumph.

"DONT BURN THE FUCKING HOUSE DOWN. MARC, YOU'RE IN CHARGE." Not wanting to listen to protests, I charged outside.

The warm air hit my skin like a train, and I smiled. Maybe I should tell him. I walked towards the river. No, he'll think I'm a freak. It wasn't that long of a walk. What if he doesn't think bad about it though? I reached the cold river, and peered at my reflection.

The tall girl with blue hair was new. She was alive and burning. But something behind her eyes hid the truth. A fading light.

Slowly, I made sure no one was around, and sighed, looking at my reflection. I let my ears grow, the jet black fur replacing the ones at the side of my head. Glass clear whiskers grew from the sides close to my nose, the only thing I actually liked from my curse. A black tail with a white tip, three feet and a half long at that, grew from my lower back. Not necessarily from my butt, slightly above.

I was a nekomimi. Neko for short. Only Marc knew about this because he was one too.

I'm going to tell him.

I hid my cat features back in my body, wishing I hadn't. It'd been too long since last time I'd let them out. Three years.

I made my way back inside the house, not really itching to tell anyone about it. Marc? Can you hear me? I sent a telepathic note to my cousin. Not all nekos can do that, only a few stronger ones. Right here. What's up? I'm going to tell them. But I need your help. Always Scar. I'll meet you by the living room.

Yelling was heard from the distance, I'm guessing Marc had been telling them a story or some shit because they all whined and reluctantly followed him into the living room. I sighed, running my hand over my tattoo for comfort. It was a simple one at that; a cat's black eye. But I'd been born with it.

Marc stood next to me, hugging me as the guys sat on the couch before me.

"Guys, umm.. there's really no way to say it, so here goes nothing." I murmured, then let my features grow. Everyone gasped as Marc and I let our true selves show. Marc was a bit different from me; he had grey ears and a slightly striped tail and dark whiskers. He smiled at me, touching his own tattoo.

"Y-y-you're a n-n-nek-ko." Tony stammered. "Yeah." I replied, surprised at how calm my voice was. "I thought they weren't real." Jaime got up, a smile on his face. "Is this real?" He stroked behind my ears, making an involuntary purr come from my throat. "Yeah, they're real. I was born this way. I thought it wouldn't be fair if I didn't show you guys."

Mike and Marc were now on the couch, discussing what it felt like to be half cat. "Oh my gosh Scar. It's so pretty." Vic said, slowly stroking my tail. I stiffled a hiss. Then Tony touched my whiskers steadily, making me giggle. "That tickles you?" He asked, breathless. "Yeah,"

"So this whole time I've been dating a cat?" His words were harsh, like the sharp edge of an axe cutting the soft bark of a young oak. "Y-yes." My voice was low, and my ears flattened against my head. "Can't believe it." Tony suddenly stormed out of the room, leaving me confused, and heartbroken. Tears welled up in my eyes. The only thing I truly feared was rejection, specially from Tony.

Marc was at my side in a second, his brown eyes soothing hymns. He hugged my close to his chest, and we were suddenly in a group hug.

My sobs broke the silence. "W-why? Why would he d-do that?" I asked Marc, clutching the gold key at my necklace. "He's just trying to figure it out honey. It'll be alright."

Vic began to softly sing "Ritual" by Black Veil Brides. Jaime soon joined him. The pair held hands and were swaying from side to side, a wonderful sight to anyone.

Mike leaned his head against Marc's shoulder, absent-mindedly playing with my cousin's hair.

Why does it have to be this way?

××

Yep. Nekos are awesome.
Sorry. It's crappy. Ik. Not edited btw so od there's any mistakes plz just sshh