I'll Steal You Flowers From The Cemetery

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"I..I like you too Tony." I smiled through the growing tears that had unexpectedly appeared in my eyes. Tony released a breath he'd been keeping in for quite a while. Then, I noticed something else.

He was leaning in towards me.

Surprised, I still mimicked his actions. When our faces were just millimeters from meeting, my phone decided to be evil and play Besitos. Wait, that was Fer's ring tone, and she never called. Unless it was an emergency. I mentally said. "Uh - I'm sorry..I really have to..Hello?" I spoke into the cellular device pressed into my ear and looked at the ground. Someone better be dying to interrupt this moment. And as soon as I thought those words, I regretted it.

"Scarlett...It's E-evan..h-h-he's in the hospital." Fer managed to choke out between sobs. "Fer?" I asked and I just heard more sobs. "Don't worry I'll be right there." I said and hung up. "Tony, listen I'm sorry but Evan's in the hospital and by the looks of it it's bad." I said frantically and started to jog in the direction of the bus where Tony's car was. Tony nodded quickly, his features unreadable. "Shit. Can you give me a ride to the hospital?" I asked Tony. "Yeah sure."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

After we arrived to the hospital, I found a crying figure in the waiting area. "Fer? Oh my god what happened?" I pleaded. "He went to get me roses...a-and he got run o-over." She explained in a sob as mascara filled tears went down her pale cheeks. "Oh Fer. Don't worry, he'll be okay." I said and pulled her in a hug and she cried into my shoulder. "He'll be okay." I repeatedly chanted as she continued to cry. "Scar? What happened?" I heard Mike ask. I didn't even notice them getting here. "Evan." I mouthed, not saying his name for my friend's sake. His lips formed the shape of an O and his worried expression softened as he sat beside me. Fer had ceased crying, probably fallen asleep in the process. I layed her head on my lap, and wiped some of the mascara off her face. It'd always been the three of us; Fer, Evan and I, I'd never imagined it any other way. And now, here I was, in a hospital waiting to hear the doctor's cold voice telling me if he'd make it or not.

"Evan Olvera's family?" I heard a low voice ask. The doctor was tall, slender and pale. He was nearly bald, but he seemed rather young. In his mid twenties or thirties. His eyes were an astonishing blue, as in the shade you'd find in the sky on a clear summer day. Fer immediately shot up, and stood before the doctor. "I'm his girlfriend, these are his friends. Is he going to be okay?" She asked. A sorrowful expression washed over the doctor's handsome face, and I knew the next words that would be heard, though I wished I didn't.

"I'm sorry, but Mr.Olvera didn't make it through. He had lost too much blood, and his injuries were too badly created by the time he'd arrived here."

An all too familiar cry escaped Fer's throat, and I hurried to go and comfort her, while Jaime and Vic sat a few feet away from me. Mike had gone to the cafeteria to get a bottled water I'd asked for, and Tony was beside me, embracing Fer and I in a protective hug. I just couldn't beleive it. All that was planned for today..

*FLASHBACK TO EARLIER THAT DAY*

'Hey Scar, could you come over here for a second?" Evan asked and Tony sighed, letting go of my waist. "Si, señor?" I said in spanish, which caused him to snicker quietly. "I got Fer this-" he said opening a small navy blue velvet box to reveal a silver ring with a square, clear rock in the middle. "-do you think she'll like it?" He asked nervously. I just couldn't seem to focus.

He was going to propose.

They were going to marry.

"OH MY GOD EVAN THIS IS SO PRETTY FUCK YEAH SHE'LL LOVE IT!" I whisper yelled back. He simply snickered at my reaction. "Good to know, I'm going to do it after lunch. " I nodded my head and tried to keep back a squeal. Embracing him in a bone-crushing hug, I nearly over flooded of happiness.

My best friends were finally going to be happy for the rest of their lives.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

And now, here I was, in the same building that my deceased friend was in. "Ma'am? Would you like to see him before the room is to be isolated? We also need to arrange things." Things. The funeral. "Yes, please." Fer had fallen asleep on my lap; she was yet again exhausted and drained from every ounce of energy and urge to stay awake.

"Fer? We're going to go see him." She shot up, and I saw that tears threatened to fall. I'd never seen her like this, except when her parents died. It wasn't even this terrible, since her parents treated her like shit. The petite nurse led Fer and I into the dark hospital room where my lifeless friend layed. His familiar dirty blonde hair was now dark with blood, sticking out every which way, and matted with the red liquid, which I'm sure the nurses tried to clean as best as they could. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Fer inched near his deathbed, and slowly stretched a hand over to his head, as if he would snap back up and possibly bite her at any moment. When that didn't happen, she started to cry all over again. I knew she needed closure with him, so I left, and stood by the door to make sure she didn't faint or something. "Oh come here Scar." Mike said when he saw me quietly break down. My face was buried in my hands, and my shoulders were shaking uncontrollably in an unearthly pace. I didn't even notice him approach me, or when I had slid onto my knees, sobbing on the floor. He kneeled beside me, and even like that he still towered over me. "Sshh, sshh, calm down baby girl, it's alright, it's alright." He pulled me closer to his chest, and I probably ruined his green tank top with my mascara stricken tears.

I knew him calling me "baby girl" didn't mean much; he'd honestly admitted it the first time he had. "I love you, but as a sister." Were his specific words. And I was glad. "I-I can-n't b-beleive i-t M-M-ike." I choked out between sobs. "I know I know. It's gonna' be alright. " he kept comforting me in his warm embrace. "Hey Mike do you know where - Oh no." I heard a chorus of three voices say behind Mike. Tony was here first, since he'd been the one to ask and see me crying into Mike's chest. "I'm so so sorry Scar." Tony chanted in my ear as I was led into a hospital chair. My right arm was slung over his shoulder, his right hand taking my own and securing it. Mike took my other arm and copied Tony's actions, and I was slumped in a chair. I saw that Vic was nowhere in sight, and my brows knitted. "Jaime, where's Vic?" Tony seemed to read my mind. "Uh, I think Fer passed out crying or something, but I saw him carry her off to his car." Jaime explained, yet he seemed confused too. "She did what?" I asked and attempted to stand up, but my knees buckled from under me, and I felt my body tense to make impact. But, that didn't happen; instead, I felt Tony catch me before I fell, and I just continued to cry into his shoulder as I was lifted onto his lap. "Tony? Can we go back to the bus? Please, I-I don't want to be here." I quietly pleaded. "Yeah, Scarlett. Jaime?" He asked. He whispered something into Jaime's ear, and he nodded, and made a bee line to the front desk, soon, he was handed a small stack of papers along with a pen.

The next thing I know, I'm being lifted off the ground and into Tony's strong arms. When we reached the bus, he gently sat me on the very same couch I cried my soul out when my mother had died. Only a few days ago. He sat beside me and pulled me into an embrace I knew I needed.

As I fell into his arms, I heard a car door close, and then in dawned on me that Tony didn't drive back here. He walked back to the bus with my crying form in his arms. God, I love this man. "I love you too Scarlett." He whispered to me, so I must've said that out loud.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

HEY GUYS SORRY, I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING.

SO SAD! EVAN DIED!

WHY DID VIC SUDDENLY SEEM INTERESTED?

TONY AND SCAR FINALLY GET TOGETHER?

WILL YOU COMMENT AND VOTE BEFORE I CHASE YOU?

COMMENT, VOTE, MAKE OUT WITH A SLOTH.

DO SOMETHING.

Who are you now - SWS