🌱 : sofa cuddling

"baby," mark whines, "you gotta see this."

"mhm," you hum, continuing to type out your paper, "i'll be right there in a sec."

"fine," mark pouts, looking back up at you, "but this morning you said you would come with me to get us some ice cream."

you take your fingers off the keyboard to lift mark's head off your shoulder so you can face him towards you.

still pouting, mark doesn't know what to do until you press your lips against his.

before mark can register anything, you giggle mischievously and return to finishing your essay.

"what was that for?" mark whines, burying his face back into your shoulder.

"to cheer you up a bit," you smile, continuing to type out your paper, "an i'm almost done, so you can show me whatever you want when i'm done."

you drop another kiss on the top of mark's head before typing your fastest, making sure to focus on writing your last sentences.

a few moments later, when you start editing, mark snuggles further into your side so that he can feel your small frame against his.

mark's body's still in the same position, curled up on your right side, his head resting against your shoulder as he hugs you around the middle.

since both of you were sitting on the couch, at least three blankets were draped over your frames, although mark was basically your personal heater at this point.

.: 🍡 :.

a good half hour later, having submitted your essay, you start stretching your arms above your head before setting your laptop on the coffee table.

"mark," you smile, running your fingers through his soft locks, "i finished my paper."

"mhm," he mumbles, his head in the exact same spot from 30 minutes ago, "but i'm tired now."

he pouts, and you feel his lips press against the softness of your neck briefly.

"we could cuddle for a little," you smile at the idea, "and i don't think it's very good for your back to be twisted at the side like that. how about we lie down..."

mark nods his head in agreement, allowing you to wrap your arms around his body and laying the both of you down on the sofa, as if it were your bed.

now his head is buried near the top of your shirt, where your collar lays.

"feel comfortable?" you whisper to the dozing baby in your arms, "or do you just want to go to bed?"

"here's good," mark smiles, looking up at you from where his head now lies on your chest, "but i want a scalp massage or else you won't be getting your ice cream."

mark giggles as he watches you pout and rearrange the blankets around you to buy some time.

"fine," you finally relent, "but you have to fall asleep, or else my fingers won't be able to move."

"mhm," mark smiles, his eyes squinting in the cutest way possible, "and then you get your ice cream."

"and you too," you correct, "i did promise to bring you..."

as you and mark lay on the living room couch, the blankets and pillows draped around you snugly, your fingers running through mark's hair giving him his requested scalp massage, you can't help but think of all the ways you're so lucky.

to have mark here with you, even though a pandemic's raging outside and he could get any girl he wants.

to have this apartment, in which you and mark pay the bills.

to have milo, who's napping in the bedroom, where his dog bed lays.

to be able to look forward to so many comforts in life, where even something as simple as getting ice cream is special.

"y/n?" mark's sleepy voice interrupts your thoughts.

he looks up at you, and you can't help but melt into a puddle of nothing whenever he starts making those puppy eyes at you.

"yeah?" you respond, continuing to massage mark's scalp.

he pauses slightly to sit up crawl up further along your torso until he's face-to-face with you.

"i love you," he smiles, resting his forehead against yours, cupping your face.

"i love you too, baby," you reply back, your hands finding their way to the back of his neck.

mark presses his soft lips against yours and lets his body relax against yours as you and him become a mess of limbs.

"you're so adorable," you giggle as mark pulls away so that he can put your foreheads together once more.

you place one more peck against his lips as he pouts.

"you always say that," he frowns slightly, "but you're more cute."

"maybe," you smile, moving your hands to cup his cheeks, "but if you and i get some ice cream, we can decide who's cuter eating it."

"you look good doing anything," mark whines, lifting his head so that he can lay down next to you, "how is that fair?"

"because," you answer, scooting closer to him, "i will post a picture of you being adorable on instagram, and then ahgases will all comment on your cuteness."

"not fair," mark pouts, pulling you into his chest, "but how can i say no to someone as cute as you?"

before you can protest, mark tilts your chin up and presses his lips to yours.

.: 🍡 :.

new chapter update! i hope to make new covers soon for my books, but we'll see how well that goes 😬

february break is this friday for me so i hope to post more!