🌱 : la pt.1

"what do you think about seeing my family tonight, y/n?" mark asks as you two settle into your seats.  "they're excited to see you again."

you can't help but let out a smile.

everyone in mark's family already knew how much you loved playing with kylie, lelia, and bailey.

"that's okay," you reply, still smiling as you make your way to the window seat.

"you're coming here with me for now," mark shakes his finger at you as you sit down.  "you will sit here in my lap while we wait for the others to file in."

you giggle as his face splits into the adorable puppy-eyes and pout combo.

"i've gained weight during quarantine," you smile, "but i'm not going to say no to free cuddling before a long flight."

mark pulls you down into his lap so that your back is resting against his chest, his arms wrapping around your torso.

"it's always so sunny in la," you sigh, leaning your head back against mark's shoulder, "but in new york it's always cloudy."

"another reason why the west coast is better for living," mark smirks, playfully glaring at you.  "what were you saying before about how new york is better?"

you recall your silly debate on the states' east and west coast as you were waiting for your flight.

"be quiet," you laugh, wacking him on the shoulder, then turning back towards the window, your back to him again.

"milo doesn't like dark places," mark pouts suddenly as he thinks of his tiny poodle.  "but i need to put him next to my feet for takeoff and landing."

"he'll be okay," you turn to your boyfriend again and watch his pouting face.  "milo can still hear us, and we have at least ten minutes until takeoff."

"how does it feel to be flying in the first-class part of the plane?" mark asks as he starts playing with the tassels on your hoodie.

"it's okay," you pout, lifting your chin up so that he can see you.  "but because randy's filming for your youtube channel, i'm not going to sit next to you."

"we're not going to be filming the entire time," mark presses a kiss to your forehead.  "we can always switch seats in the middle of a flight as long as the seatbelt sign isn't lighting up."

"true," you turn your head so that you can smell mark's new hoodie.

"you're like jackson right now," mark laughs, rocking you back and forth as you press your nose as much as you can into his new clothing item.

"miss them already?" you smile as you think of their little goodbye party.

"a little," mark admits as he looks out the airplane window.  "but we'll see them soon."

a comfortable silence falls over the both of you as mark nuzzles his face into the side of your neck.

"how's your collab with sanjoy going?" you ask several seconds later.  "you guys should make a music video to go with the song."

"sanjoy think we should," mark replies, still hugging you tightly, "he says ahgases will enjoy it."

"mhm," you hum as you watch randy come out of the airplane bathroom.  "can i sit next to you when you're not filming?"

"of course you can," mark drops a kiss on your forehead.

mark and you watch randy make himself comfortable in his seat, which happens to be on the other side of the aisle.

"you lovebirds ready to fly?" randy asks several minutes later, a neck pillow wrapped snugly around his neck.

"yes," mark rolls his eyes, helping you get to your seat in front of him.

"maybe i could film you two later?" randy laughs, teasing you further.  "you already booked two seats for y/n so that she could alternate between them when we're not filming."

mark walks over to randy and playfully flicks his forehead, biting his lip to stop himself from smiling too much.

"we even have milo as our baby," mark glances over at your amused expression, smiling himself, "since you love teasing us so much."

"you two are cute though," randy smiles before pulling an eye mask over his head, "but i better get some sleep before you two corrupt my thoughts further."

"it's not like you're single or innocent, either," you shake you head, smiling.

"very true," randy responds.

as you buckle your seatbelt, looking out of the window, something lands in your lap.

you turn around automatically, knowing that mark had given you something.

looking down, you see your phone.  on the surface of the screen is a small post-it.

i love you.  come sit in the seat next to me when we're not filming -tuanzy >:)

fishing out a scrap piece of paper from your wallet you write back.

before the flight attendants start the safety introductory video, you turn around and give mark your note.

even if you didn't ask, i would still come over >:) -xoxo y/n

.: 🍡 :.

i'm back and i'm not dead!!  parts 2 and 3 for this chapter are coming soon ^.^

on a sad note, though, febuary break is almost over T^T