🌱 : quarantine

it's nighttime once again, and the tides have shifted in your favor. resting your head on the fluffy pillow laying beneath you, you think about all that has gone well within the past two months.

quarantine with milo is one of the best things that has ever happened to you.

with nothing other than grocery shopping to do, which only happens once every so often, both of you can spend the rest of your days together cuddling on the couch and doing nothing but annoy the only other person that lived in this shared apartment.

mark.

however, lately, it has just been you and milo so far.

mark doesn't bother talking too much with you anymore, and as far as you were concerned, there was nothing much you could do about it.

until tonight.

the soft breaths heaving next to you woke you up from your little daydream. a lean but sturdy figure rolled closer to you, not wanting to lose the warmth radiating from your body.

you roll over too, making sure that mark is warm enough and go back to staring up in space, not wanting to disturb the rest of your sleeping babies.

on your right side lays your boyfriend, deep in slumber from who-knows-what, and on your left side lay a fluffy figure, almost a shapeless silhouette.

milo.

you bring your arm from under the sheets, not wanting to disturb the peaceful atmosphere and scoop milo from underneath his body, dragging the white dog closer to you.

on you left, the man snoring softly beside you rolls over once again, permitting you to pull him closer to you as well, not wanting to lose the feeling of another more petite, tinier, and feminine body against his own.

sighing contentedly, you decide to close your eyes once again and go back to sleep, curling into a ball to your right.

mark wakes up and slowly gets out of bed, making sure not to stir you up from your sleep.

softly padding to the bathroom, mark strips off his clothes and starts running the shower, playing and scrolling through his phone as he waits for the water to heat up.

back in the bedroom, you are still resting quietly, not bothering to check why there was no more heat coming from your right side.

you would figure out in the morning why mark wasn't there anyway.

.: 🍡 :.

opening your eyes, you reach your hands over your face, trying to find the source of the thing blocking your eyes from seeing anything except for white. a fuzzy white.

persuading milo to get off of your face, you decide to step into the shower before doing much of anything else.

you were in quarantine. there was not much to do. but you still had to shower to prevent yourself from smelling up the apartment.

milo doesn't let you into the bathroom though. settling down on your foot, he decides to rest there, preventing you from walking.

smiling adoringly, you pick up the dog in your arms and scoop him onto the soft bed, drawing up the covers over him as much as you can.

no sign of mark anywhere.

sighing sadly, you pick yourself up and head to. the bathroom once again, not waiting for anything to block you again from taking your precious bubble bath.

.: 🍡 :.

stepping out of the steamy shower, you can't help but grin stupidly at the silhouettes stuck to the surface of the bed.

cute.

mark and milo never fail to make you smile.

"y/n," mark calls out to you softly, looking upward to meet your eyes, "come here. some things need to be explained right now, and i haven't been able to inform you about this yet."

frowning ever so the slightest, you walk over slowly to the edge of the bed, scared about to hear what next words will tumble out of mark's mouth.

they can be either good or bad.

obviously, you want the news to be good, but you know that anything can happen. even the possibility that he could cheat on you.

or the possibility of him wanting to kick you out of his apartment, though very unlikely.

or the possibility that he will break up with you, maybe under the pressure from jyp or his members, though that is also very unlikely. the public already knows about your relationship.

or, mark could also be frustrated at the fact th-

"y/n," mark interrupts seriously, "are you okay?"

snapping your head to look at him, eyes widening slightly, you look at mark in all of his morning glory.

"yeah. just thinking about what you wanted to say to me, that's all," you mumble almost incoherently.

mark smiles warmly, his firm stare never leaving his face as he starts sitting up in bed.

"it's nothing bad, i swear. just something that you ought to know," your boyfriend says reassuringly, beaming at you, his perfect pearly whites shinning at you cutely.

allowing yourself to return the gesture, you nod for him to continue.

"you can continue, mark."

bringing his hand up to the back of his neck, a common habit of his, he looks down.

"mark?" you ask, furrowing your eyebrows at your partner's shy behavior.

he looks straight at you this time, his gaze fierce and protective, a drastic change from the bashful behavior he was sporting earlier.

taking both your hands into his larger and warm ones, he scoots forward and rests his face just a mere few inches apart. shocked by his change in dynamic, you try to calm yourself down, knowing that whatever he has to say will take place right now.

"y/n," mark whispers quietly, "i have loved you endlessly for the entire 4 years that we have been dating.

"through our good and our bad, our strongest and our weakest, our thick and thin, you have stayed by my side when no one bothered to care enough to just hold on a little longer.

"but your loyalty through our problematic times has shown me that you are worthy to spend the rest of my life with you.

"so, y/n l/n, will you agree to spend the rest of your life with me, continue our journey as my wife, and marry me?"

.: 🍡 :.

"stop crying y/n," the man hugging you teases, "i asked you to marry me and you said yes, so there's nothing to worry about. it should be me that should be happy that accepted my proposal, cutie."

you sniff quietly and continue burying your face into the crook of his neck.

"mark," you say quietly, "i'm crying because i'm sad, i was just crying because i thought you would break up with me, or kick me out of your apartment. i was just so surprised that i was your one. the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with," your voice continues emotionally.

mark gently coaxes your face out of his neck and pulls you into a gentle, loving kiss.

"silly, i was only busy these days because i've been asking my members for advice or ways to propose to you," mark reassures gently, "that's why you've been stuck with milo for the past weeks. turns out, the best way to propose to you was just telling you in the morning," he finishes sheepishly, giving you another peck on your forehead.

pulling his face away, you kiss him back.

"it's okay mark, because you made it all up. you gave me the reassurance that i will be by your side for the rest of my life. now we are both home to each other."