🌱 : waking Up

the bedsheets slightly shuffle next to your body, and the weight distribution is once again.

you were about to push away the figure, but too late.

a white, fluffy ball comes bounding in your direction, showing no signs of ceasing anytime soon.

bad for you, good for them.

"milo, not now, you cutie. i need to get some sleep," you groan, not wanting to wake up anytime soon.

however, your orders are ignored as the fluffy dog curls up on your exposed chest, not wanting to be ignored.

"milo sweetie, please get off, i can't sleep with you like this," you mumble once again, almost incoherently.

however, none of your words are obeyed, and soon enough, you are snoring softly once again.

.: 🍡 :.

groaning slightly once again, you try turning to your left side. but once again, milo was curled up on top of you, and you, of course, not wanting to disturb milo once again with your nagging, start to rotate your body slightly so that your face was looking at the ceiling and not at the other figure sleeping at the right side of you that wasn't milo.

once you had turned your body slightly, you paused for a while before continuing to turn once again, now looking to off the edge of the shared king-sized bed.

before dozing off once again, you take a look at the clock resting on the nightstand next to the bed, checking the time.

3:30 a.m.

milo was greatly dedicated to you, then. if he had come bounding to you, then that means that he had woken up at 1:30 a.m. to come and snuggle next to you, not his actual owner, mark, the other figure that was sleeping peacefully behind you.

so milo does actually consider you as an important part of his life then if he would first wake up near midnight to come bounding onto your chest and sleep there for the rest of the night.

since you were lying on your side now, and sleeping face-up, milo was no longer sleeping on top of your bare skin but was curled up in his familiar ball.

with milo's fur pressed again your bare skin, you realized that any movement that you made would only tickle you.

with that knowledge in mind, you started moving less and started to fall into a slumber once again.

with the bedroom curtains billowing slightly with the wind, morning birds chirping happily, and slight city noises coming from the window, there was only one reason that you should wake up- it was finally morning.

however, you kept your eyes closed, ears open, and realized that the figure that was sleeping on the right side of the bed was preventing you from moving any further than you could just a couple of hours ago.

opening your eyes, you accustom your groggy eyes to the streaming daylight and turn your head to the right slowly, knowing that mark was the only person that could be the one stuck to your side.

and of course, you are greeted with a beautiful face.

mark's eyes were closed and small breaths were fanning out at you, so you were safe to stare.

pale skin, long, black lashes, flushed cheeks, lush lips.

an angel was sleeping to the right side of you.

mark's beauty was ethereal.

everyone knew that.

not wanting to stare at his face for too long, you turn back to your left, the original position you woke up in, and examine the clump of white fuzz snoozing next to you, practically stuck to your body.

and then a voice behind you directs your face to turn back to your right side again, looking into the deep eyes of the person who had just spoken. mark.

"good morning, y/n," mark greets you in his groggy morning voice.

"morning, mark," you respond shyly, still not accustomed to sharing a bed with mark.

he only smiles at you slightly before talking to you again.

"i heard milo come in here in the middle of the night," mark says in response, smiling softly, "did he bother you?"

you shake your head as your response, knowing that mark didn't believe you.

"it was fine, mark. and the best part of it was that i got to wake up with my two babies snuggled right next to me," you say softly, quickly pressing a light kiss on the corner of mark's lips before he could speak again.