🌱 : dog cafés

this one's a best friend oneshot, and it will have a happy ending. enjoy! 😊

.: 🍡 :.

mark sneaks a glance at your side profile and quickly looks away.

though mark was considered attractive in the office and had women falling for him left and right, he only had eyes set on one girl- and that was you.

you two were as close as two peas in a pod.

befriending each other in your freshman year of college, you've been friends for several years.

and you've always been close and there for each other. mark was there for you when your beloved dog died. you were there for him when he told his parents he wanted to take a gap year in junior year to figure out what he wanted to do.

so here you two were, hanging out at a dog cafe as mark snuck glances at your beautiful face, not wanting you to notice what he was doing.

"mark?" you ask him, "is something wrong?"

mark frowns. what could be more wrong than him falling for you?

nothing. so it's best if mark just keeps his mouth quiet and lets you do your thing while playing with all of the cute puppies here.

"nothing," mark finally replies, "i guess i was staring into space, that's all."

mark notices your eyebrows furrow and a suspicious look form on your face, but you don't say anything for a while.

looking away, you blush as you think of all the little things that mark has done for you today.

from holding the cafe door open to getting your drink so you can play with the cafe puppies.

today has only made you fall harder for mark when he was already your number one.

"do you want to play with the dogs?" you ask him, trying to get off-topic, "you haven't pet one yet today. maybe you could relax a little...?"

you study mark's serious face and sigh. he's been so quiet for the past few hours, you're not sure what he's thinking.

returning you're attention back to the eagerly waiting puppies, you try and think of another way you can pry mark's troubling thoughts away.

sighing mentally, you begin to feed and coo at the puppies once again.

.: 🍡 :.

"wasn't that super fun?" you ask as mark holds the cafe door open, allowing you to walk outside, "the pups were so cute and the drinks were delicious!"

"yup," mark mumbles as you walk past him, "everything was nice."

you turn around and study mark's face closely.

"what's wrong?" you ask softly, "mark, you've been really off today, and if i can do anything to help, then you can just ask me."

you match your walking pace with him so mark can catch up. walking down the city streets, both of you are heading towards the next cafe you wanted to try for the day.

"mark?" you prompt your best friend, "can i do anything?"

mark wraps his arm around your waist as a woman comes whizzing by.

"um," mark begins slowly, "can i actually tell you when we get to the next cat cafe?"

you nod and rest your head against mark's shoulder, thinking about all the things that could be troubling mark.

as you two walk to the next cafe, your head resting on the base of his shoulder, mark gently steers you and him to the right location.

.: 🍡 :.

"what did you want to tell me earlier?" you ask mark, leaning against the cafe counter.

you had told mark that you wanted to visit another dog cafe after the first one, the second one being more on the high-end.

so when you stepped in, everything was (as expected), pristine and glossy.

you and mark had placed your orders, and now you were waiting for your drinks and desserts to arrive.

staring at mark, you hinted for him to tell you what was on his mind.

"you don't have to be nervous, mark," you tell him, "just tell me what's bothering you."

mark only bites on his lip nervously, casting his eyes downward.

you step closer to him and nervously pull him into a hug, trying to calm his nerves.

when you pull away, you're surprised when mark pulls you close again, keeping his hands rested against your lower back.

"i'm not sad or anything," mark says, making eye contact with you, "i was just nervous today."

you melt at his touch, allowing your body to mold against his. opening your mouth to question his words, you close it to let him finish.

"it's just that i really like you y/n," mark says softly, "and i didn't know when i could tell you, because you could reject me since we're friends and all that, so-"

you cut off his rambling by pressing your lips against his, effectively shutting him up.

pressing down further, mark gets the hint and reaches both hands up to cup your face, deepening the kiss.

tilting your head, mark presses down harder, pulling you impossibly closer.

before the kiss can get any more heated, you run out of breath and pull away, gasping for some much-needed air.

"i like you too, mark," you whisper, resting your forehead against his.

beaming, mark places another quick peck against your lips before giggling and blushing furiously.

"what's wrong?" you ask again, looking at him confusedly.

"people are staring," mark giggles, hiding his gorgeous smile behind his hand, "and they look so awkward."

you smile and enjoy the giggles coming out of mark's mouth.

.: 🍡 :.

"y/n?" mark asks you quietly as you pet another puppy, "are we still friends now?"

you look up and watch a worrisome expression etched upon mark's face, eyebrows furrowing cutely.

"we can be anything you want us to," you tell him, squeezing mark's hand, "and i like you too, so you don't have to worry about that."

a big smile makes its way across his face and you swear your heart starts beating.

"can you be my girlfriend, then, y/n?" mark asks, "we both like each other and i really want to take care of you."

your heart is combusting from his adorable expressions and precious personality.

"of course i'll be your girlfriend, mark," you respond shyly.

that's all he needs and mark is already scooting from his position that is just a few inches away to hold you in his arms.

sitting you in his lap, mark cups your face and pecks you on the lips before whispering another three words that make your heart flutter.

"i love you."

.: 🍡 :.

i got discord and my info to send a friend request is in my bio. i only have 4 friends, so please send me a friend request- i'm lonely!

stay safe and stream got7's mvs and mama performance.

i love you readers so much!