🌱 : going to sleep

falling asleep at night was always a gift for you and mark. there was always something so comforting about being wrapped around sturdy, muscular arms that made you want to just curl into a tiny ball and turn into a baby.

and nighttime was always the perfect way to express this certain softness towards mark.

so, of course, tonight was no different. mark always got ready for bed after you, knowing that you liked to prepare yourself before him.

while he was busying himself away in the bathroom, the shower water falling softly, you were sprawled out on your bed, resting on your left side as milo kissed your face endlessly.

giggling quietly, you reach your hand out to brush away the unusually long fur that was constantly falling into the pup's black eyes.

cute.

this sweet gesture on your end only earned you more affection from the moving ball of fluff. playful pawing gestures directed towards your chest were now added to the short lickings on your face.

milo was the cutest fluffy pillow you could ever ask for.

sighing contentedly, you rolled onto your back, facing the curtains draped over your canopy bed and started admiring the fairy lights strung casually across the metal frame, taking up the gap that was visible from one side of the bed frame to the other.

as you rolled to your right, you came face to face with a pair of basketball shorts, knowing exactly who was sporting them.

lifting your head upwards, you smile gently at the handsome man standing before you.

how lucky you were to call this man your boyfriend.

"mark baby, come cuddle with us," you whine softly, fully knowing that he wasn't going to call it a night so easily.

"you can bring the glass of water you usually drink before bed here if you don't want to sleep right now," you continue whining, "just spend more time with me and this pool of fuzziness."

as if on cue, milo abruptly picks his head up from the bed and turns himself to face his owner with his absolutely adorable face.

finally giving in with a tiny smile, mark heads over to the bedroom door and exits, planning to head to the kitchen and fetching his glass of water faithfully.

turning back to your left, you scratch milo behind the ears and praise him generously.

such a good, sweet dog.

without milo, your boyfriend would probably be awkwardly stiff and formal.

good thing he didn't turn into a crazy cat lady. though you knew that within mark's members that jb and bambam were the kitty lovers, they were still fun and generous people, despite owning cats, well known for their solitude and anti-social attitude.

"you really are the best dog," you coo once again. the white poodle contentedly barks, wanting you to show more affection.

sometimes wonder whether or not if it was worth it to care so much about a dog that didn't belong to you.

though milo was your boyfriend's dog, you never got to see him much, simply because of mark's fear of trashing your place.

looking up again, admiring your cozy room, you turn your head sharply as a familiar voice interrupts your free-flowing thoughts.

"babe," mark whines loudly, "you shouldn't spoil milo too much. you should spoil me more than him. you're dating me, not a dog."

giggling happily, you reach your arm out to pull your boyfriend to bed, hugging him close to you.

"i know exactly who i'm dating, mark," you tell him cockily, "but the only thing is, i see my favorite dog in the whole wide world less than my favorite person in the entire world, and i want to see them for equal amounts of time," finishing in a whiny tone.

"and why can't you get your own dog, y/n?" mark asks suspiciously.

"because. i already have a dog that i love with all of my heart. also, i will get one when the time is right, which isn't right now," you say confidently, still cuddling your big baby to your chest lovingly.

"hmph," mark huffs back, pouting as he does so, "so that doesn't mean you love milo more than me?"

"nope," i say fondly, kissing mark's baby face all over, "i love you both equally. forever and always."

he giggles cutely at my confession and smiles a silly grin before pecking the tip of my nose.

"very cute y/n, but if you go back on your word, i swear..." he trails off.

"you big baby, stop talking to me like i'm a lost cause, because i'm not. now why don't we go to sleep? i'll spoon you..."