16. Change

How you managed to pull yourself out of the broken bed amazed even you. You had woke up in the middle of the night to an empty bed, though, it did not bother you. You knew he had stayed there rather long and held you in his arms.

Upon leaving the bed and pulling on your robes, you pulled the box that contained your more important belongings out from where it sat and removed the journal you had been diligently keeping up with out. It only had a few pages left blank, but you only needed that much.  You figured you'd start writing in one of your extra journals after you became a demon, so this  worked out.

You pulled the small table out and slowly sat down with a wince. Your legs had hand shaped bruises on them that stung and made sitting a bit difficult.  You scribed your wedding onto your final pages, pausing every now and then in thought on how to word things. The only sound you heard was your pen against the paper, you didn't even notice when Akaza entered the room.

"You're up, Y/N," he said abruptly, which resulted in you hurling your pen at his chest. He caught it in his freehand unblinkingly.  His other hand held a palm sized bowl.

You took a deep breath, "Hello, Akaza kun," you murmured as he came up to you and returned the pen. "What do you have there?" You glanced at the bowl then him.

"My blood," he deadpanned.

Part of you wanted to be disturbed, concerned even, but you couldn't muster up such a reaction. "Why.... Why do you-"

He cut you off, "it's for you to drink. That's how you'll become a demon."

You grimaced at him,  that sounded disgusting. Alas, you assumed it was the only way. "You want me to drink it now?"

Akaza nodded at you before he knelt down and pulled one of your hand to his cheek. "I put it off because you wanted to marry before you were turned. You're married now, so it's time." He lowered your hand and placed the bowl in it. "Don't you dare spill any of it," he narrowed his eyes a bit.

You nodded and tried not to grimace at the liquid you were holding. You took a deep breath before knocking back his blood.

Nothing could prepare you for the pain that it brought.

Akaza quickly moved the table that sat in front of you out of the way as you doubled over. Sweat beaded down your face as your veins pulsed hard, to the point they were visible on your face.

You screamed out as your nails elongated, the tips tinting a light, icy blue.  Your vision whited out soon after, but you weren't unconscious. You dug your nails into the floorboards, trembles wracking through you.

When you managed to come around again, your face was being tilted up by Akaza, forcing your now star-speckled, grayish-blue eyes to look into his gold ones.

You began growling at him, your head jerking in his firm hold.

"Y/N." He said firmly, a smile curling on his lips. You had kept trying to move away from him for a moment before slowly relaxing. "Good... come on now."

He helped you to your feet and walked you towards the front of the dojo. He let his grip on you go and watched you expectingly.

You paused, breathing hard. Not a moment later did you bound off into the forest. You hadn't felt this hungry before in your life. All you could think about was eating. The other demon followed you leisurely and watched how you found your way to a home on the outskirts of town. He posted up in a tree, refusing to interfere with your first meal.

You were quiet and quick. The deaths of the man and his wife was maybe no longer than ten minutes.  Their screams fell on deaf ears as you maimed them for their flesh.  You ate them ravenously, uncaring if anyone were to find you. Yet you didn't stop with them. No, you still felt hunger.

-

"Y/N."

You stared up at the sky, having managed to regain your composure and snap out of your rampage. You looked to Akaza slowly, your mouth stained with blood. "How many?" you asked simply.

"Five," He walked closer to you before he took your hand, licking some of the blood off of it. "The sun is coming up, Y/N. Lets go."

The fact you managed to kill and eat five people in the time allotted was a little shocking. You nodded slightly and ran back with him to the dojo. You dropped  Akaza's hand before you went and made sure to close the doors and cover the windows that weren't covered as you entered the building.

You walked the rooms a little bit, as if you couldn't remember your way around. You're wandering halted at a mirror that had been tucked away in a different room than the one you slept in.

Your hair had turned blue and white, much like the colors of the waves on your brother's haori. Your skin was speckled with an iridescent fish scale pattern here and there the whites of your eyes were now black, your pupils had changed to a flower shape surrounded by small star-shaped specks. It looked as though you were wearing heavy eyeliner. You opened your mouth and looked at the fang-like teeth you had before observing your hands, the upper digits of your fingers were tinged pink.

Akaza snuck up behind you and hugged your waist firmly as he rested his head on your shoulder. "You've changed a lot," he noted. You nodded, though you were struggling to remember what you looked like before already.

"Do you like me this way?" You asked as you looked over at him.

"I do not care how you look so long as you're my strong spouse." He grumbled as he lifted you up.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" You yelped as he carried you off to your room. "Why do you always do this?"

He shrugged as he placed you down. He sat on the floor near the broken bed and propped his head in his hand. "This is me telling you to rest. You may be stronger, but you are still weak. If you thought your training ended after becoming a demon, then you're dumber than I initially thought." He huffed, his final words teasing at most, his hand patting the spot on the ground next to him. You reluctantly went to it and sat, surprisingly restless.

You placed your hands on your knees when you sat and closed your eyes. "What  is the point of this?" You grumbled a bit.

"If you can't focus and take in your surroundings completely still, how do you expect to do so when fighting?" He huffed at you as if that were the most obvious thing.

You slumped into him letting out a sigh, "if you say so."