12. Reconcile

You could hear him now. He was gaining on you. You threw your bag to the side and whipped around, putting your arms up as he came down on you with his fist. You dug your feet into the ground as you skidded back from the force of the blow.

You gritted your teeth and charged him, "GO AWAY!" You shouted, swinging your fist at him, only to have him swerve out of the way last minute and elbow you down in the back.

"No," he said firmly, fixing himself into a fighting stance.

You huffed loudly, you were pissed now. You charged him again, this time you were both swinging your fists. You both were landing blows, but you didn't falter. Suddenly, you grabbed hold of his arm and pulled him in towards your knee, but he turned himself and flipped you.

You gasped as you hit the ground,  but it quickly changed to a growl. "GRAH!!" You bounced to your feet again, ducking his in coming arm and hitting his stomach as hard as you could. He staggered back only to shoot off at you. "Y/N have you been learning from someone else?" He inquired.

You didn't answer. You had properly learned the forms of ice breathing in your time with Fuyuhito, but yours wasn't quite the same as his. As Akaza came up to you again, you grabbed hold of his fist and pushed him back.

"I don't want to talk to you!" You hissed, mimicking one of the demon's stances before coming at him. You two countered and swung at eachother. He pushed you back away from him, knocking you into the air. He came after you before you could land and threw you into a tree. He slammed his forearm into the bark when he moved to cage you against the timber.

Silence fell over the both of you. While you were breathing heavily, he didn't seem to be any kind of tired, his golden eyes lingered on your e/c ones. His gaze was dark, as if daring you to do something.

Suddenly, his lips met yours, his body pressing you to the tree as his hands held your face. A whine bubbled up in the back of your throat as you gripped his sleeveless haori and closed your eyes.

"Y/N, you of all people should know by now that I do not forget people worth remembering. " he murmured as he pulled away. "I meant to come back sooner."

You opened your eyes slowly and felt tears fall. "I thought you had gone for good." You shut your eyes as he carefully swiped the drops away. "Or died- or were dying. I-I...."

"I cannot die as easily as a weakling, Y/N. I won't be leaving you in that way anytime soon." He lifted you up and tossed you over his shoulder like a barrel. "We should get going. I rather not linger around Douma too long." He grumbled, walking to where your bag laid and lifted it up in the hand that didn't support you on his shoulder.

"Akaza..." you held yourself up as he toted you around. He paused, glancing to your face. "I'm sorry I left." You mumbled.

The demon nodded a bit, a smile creeping onto his face. "It's fine. You got new fighting skills from it anyway!" He bounced you on his shoulder gently before traveling out the forest. "Was it the Ice Pillar? Your moves seemed close to his." He mused.

You paused, "Yes..." you murmured, looking down. There was no doubt Fuyuhito died. He wouldn't have taken the pink haired male's deal after all. Though, you couldn't find it in you to mourn him. Your quiet made Akaza stop in his tracks.

He pulled you off from his shoulder to look you in the eyes. "You didn't prefer him over me, did you?" There was a dangerous look to his face as he asked this.

"No." You said flatly as you wrapped your arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He tsked softly at that as he lifted your legs around his waist before he continued moving out of the forest.

You must have drifted to sleep, because at one point he was gently shaking your back. "Y/N. We're here." He pointed out. You raised your head and blinked to see you were back at the dojo.  You let go of him slowly and lowered your feet to the ground, wincing in pain.  You looked up at him before it donned on you-

You kissed him earlier.

Your face went red as you blinked rapidly.

"What's with that look, Y/N?" He inquired, playing innocent as he used his hand to tilt your head up, grinning as moved to whisper in your ear, "If you keep making such expressions,  I might actually eat you up. " You could tell his words were playful, but it did nothing to qwell your beating heart. 

You gently pushed him away, scrambling into the dojo. "Ah- goodnight!" You blurted , kicking your slippers off before heading to your room- only to find your bed was smashed and torn apart. Seems he didn't take your absence well at all, you noted.

"Sorry about that," he murmured. How did he get behind you so fast? You nearly jumped out of your skin.

"Where am I supposed to sleep, Akaza??" You huffed, waving your hands at the broken bed.

"Ah, you humans and you needs, so weak," he rolled his eyes a bit, brushing past you as he pulled the blanket from the wreckage and shook it off. He then cleared a spot and sat cross legged on the floor, patting his thigh. "You can get a new bed Tomorrow, Y/N chan. Here, here. Sleep on my lap." He was being dead serious about it. And seeing that you didn't have any other options- you took him up on his offer.

You slunk over to him and slowly knelt down before pressing your head to his thigh and stretching your legs out so you were laying down. He threw the blanket over you, rubbing your back gently.

You closed your eyes slowly, shifting a little to get comfortable. As you began to drift,  you heard him say,

"you're almost ready, my Y/N."