22. Not you again

One could say moving was long overdue for you.

You bitterly took your most important belongings with you night by night as you traveled to a new city to base yourself. You didn't have the privilege of traveling by biwa, so you had to trek it by foot.

You hoped Akaza could find you even though you've relocated, your mind drifting to where he could be.

The rain pinged hard against the ground hard as you stepped down the lonely path. The place you were going to was nearing mountains, and a bit nostalgic in a way you couldn't understand anymore. There was a vacant home you were going to take residence in once you reached it.

A quiet sigh escaped you as you were glad to finally be reaching there.

"You know, you're much too pretty to sigh like that."

You practically froze as you heard that, your breathing shifting as the metal fan pressed its divots to your neck. "Don't worry! I'll make you happy once you join me!"

You moved to grab hold of his hand to get out of the way, but he was much quicker than you, which led to your head toppling to the floor.

"Douma you son of a bitch!" You shouted as you threw your bag down and turned to push his chest.

"Eh?" The upper moon's fan went up and over his mouth. "Oh dear. I wasn't paying close enough attention. I didn't realize you were a demon!" He whined as he flitted around before he gazed at your head.

"Y/N? Is that you?" He inquired as he was suddenly looming over you.

You huffed as your body stumbled around a bit in search of your head. "Yes, it's me," you grunted angrily as you puffed your cheeks.

He shifted his weight from foot to foot as he squealed quietly. "Ah! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize it was you! I thought you were just a cute person walking all alone!" He picked up your head and dusted you off, smiling brightly at you.

He paused as he took a close look at your engraved eye. "Wow! And you're a lower moon too Y/N chan? Thats amazing!" He beamed.

Douma took your body by it's hand and led you over to him. He then placed your head on your neck like he was building a snowman.

"There! All better." He chuckled before whipping his fan open and over his mouth.

"Douma, why are you here? Isn't your temple far from this place?" You grumbled as you rubbed your healing neck.

"Mhm! I don't just sit around looking pretty if that's what you're implying!" He batted his eyelashes at you. "I do appreciate you thinking I'm good looking. "

"I didn't say anything of the sort." You deadpanned, which earned you a brief pout.

"Oh! I have an idea! How about we share a meal?" He bounced a bit. "You can tell me what you've been doing and I can listen.

"That doesn't sound very interesting at all."

-

"Isn't this lovely?"

How the hell did you get here?

You looked over to the other end of the short table at the upper moon who's face was covered in blood.

He ripped into a woman's forearm as he waited for your response.

"It's something alright." You murmured as you munched on the woman's thigh.

"You know, Akaza dono would neeeverr eat with me. He's not very fond of woman. That's probably why he's so pasty looking!" The upper moon laughed.

"I didn't really choose to come here either. You took my head off again and ran with it so I'd follow. " you grumbled as you reminsced the comedic chase around between your headless body and the blond.

"Ara ara, Y/N! You're so much more prickly now!" He whined as he flashed his big multicolored eyes at you. "We're supposed to be friends!"

When did you two ever become friends?

You shrugged your shoulders before letting out a sigh. "Were you always this aggressively forward?"

He merely laughed quietly at you.

"So you left Akaza dono to get stronger on your own," he jumped over your question, looking wistfully up at the ceiling. "I don't see why you wouldn't invite me to your wedding, we're so close after all!"

You gave him a dull look as you placed the leg you were eating down. In that moment, Douma had moved to loom over you. You screwed up your face with confusion as he jerked your head up by your chin, forcing your eyes to meet his kaleidoscope ones.

"But, Y/N chan," He gingerly took up your left hand, looking at you before he smirked slightly and kissed half-pink knuckle of your ring finger, "You're not wearing any jewelry to commemorate your union, how is anyone supposed to know you are bound?"

He yanked you up to your feet and into him, his head leaning in towards your ear as the hand on your chin shifted to your back. "One could easily snatch you up and devour you, unaware that you belong to someone else," he said lowly, a soft chuckle lilting his voice.

Your eyes went wide at his actions, your face going rosy as your brows furrowed. With a loud huff you jerked back from his surprisingly strong hold on you and turned your body to kick him away hard in the abdomen.

He knocked back on the floor, having not expected to be kicked. He merely crossed his legs and smiled up at you, his hands on his knees. "My, Y/N Chan! You are strong!" He laughed happily. "Much stronger than when you were human, I'm sure. You do know I was only playing around, right?" He tilted his head innocently at you.

You squinted at him as you put your foot down and relaxed your body. If you did anymore, you'd be disrupting the rules, and you really weren't strong enough to challenge him for his position.

"Oh, you've calmed down!" He bounced to his feet, immediately invading your personal space again and wrapping his arms around you, petting your head with a hand. "You're still so cute, Y/N chan." He chirped, earning himself a low growl from you.

"Let go of me." You said flatly.

He ignored you completely.

"Now then, that thing I was to do!" He bounced a little. "Since I'm your and Akaza dono's best friend-"

"False."

"Since I'm your guy's best friend, I'm going to lead you to eachother!" He smiled innocently at you.

Even if his smile wasn't genuine, you faltered.

"Where is he, Douma?" You asked quietly.

He blinked at you as if he didn't register the words that came out of your mouth.

"The city in the west nearing the mountains. He has been training there recently. " The upper moon hummed. "Now can I get a Thank-"

Before he got the words out, you dashed out of his temple.

"Y/N! You're so rude!" Douma whined, fanning his face.