8. Where the hell did you go?

"Akaza."

"Akaza."

"AKAZA!" You huffed, pushing the spoon away from your face.

"What is it, Y/N?" He grumbled, offended as he pulled the spoon back.

"I can feed myself, I'm not sick anymore," You put your hand out for the utensil to continue eating. He gave it to you reluctantly,  letting out a sigh as he smiled.

"Ara, Ara, you're much more brave now, aren't you?" He laughed, an air of threat in his voice,  but you weren't intimidated.

You continued eating, without his help this time. It had only been a few days since you collapsed with a fever. Something about the dream you had bothered you, the boy you spoke to looked eerily familiar. But you had no recollection of meeting someone who looked like that.  "I have to be, don't I? I can't be strong if I am cowardly. " you hummed, looking towards the front of the building.  You could see that the natural light was dwindling. "The sun's going to be down in a few minutes. Are we sparring today?"

He seemed reluctant to let you train again,  you had just gotten better after all. However, as he was about to say yes, he jerked up to his feet. "I have to go."

You tilted your head at his behavior,  "Go? Go where?" You swallowed your mouthful.

"I just have to go. My lord summons." He huffed, glancing back at you, "I'll be back in a few days. I'll be sure to bring you an iris. You like those, right?" He murmured as he paced towards the front, pausing until he was sure the sun was gone.

"Okay, be careful," you called after him, a bit glum to see him go.

-
He said he'd be back in a few days. It's been a month.

You couldn't sit and wait for him anymore.  What if he had been slain? What if he needed you? You couldn't just sit and wait without any knowledge on what was going on with him You couldn't lose someone again and not have had any option to help.

So you packed a bag, and left the dojo. You needed to find him, or find out if he were alive. The only knowledge you had on his whereabouts was the flower he mentioned. You knew of the place they grew most rampant. Hopefully, he was there.

You took directions from the townspeople, walking and taking the train to get closer to the area the plants grew. 

After a few days of travel, you were exhausted and about two cities away.  You had gotten turned around at one point, which was a major set back.

"I'm... Almost there," you sighed with relief,  gripping your bag tight to your person as you walked the foreign streets. The sun was setting, you noted.

"Excuse me," You felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned to see a boy who looked to be 14, dressed in a peculiar uniform and an arrow patterned haori. "You shouldn't be alone in this part of the city...." he paused, his deep green eyes going round as he looked at you. "You... you have a strong demon presence around you. Did you just escape-"

You opened your mouth to answer the boy, only for you to be interrupted by a shrill scream.

"Excuse me! I have to go!" He blurted, running in the direction of the yell. You, curious on how a 14 year old boy was going to do against whatever that was.

You both arrived in a dark and lonely alley. A girl stood there, dressed as though she were going to a festival. Her face looked like it was painted like a kabuki mask. She gripped a girl's hand tightly,  who whined and cried.

A demon.

"Why did you follow me? It's dangerous! You have to go," the boy hissed. Another boy came up after him in a similar uniform, but no Haori. This boy had brown eyes and lopsided black hair, "Noboru, what's with the civilian?" The male huffed.

"They just followed me! Have you secured the area?" The boy dubbed Noboru unsheathed his sword. 

"Yes, we're good to go," the other boy assured, taking out his own sword.

You stepped back from them, why the hell did these young kids have swords?

"We're going to be best friends, right?" The demoness laughed to the girl she held.

"Please! Let me GO! You killed Maki!" The girl shrieked, jerking herself away with no avail.

"If you won't be my friend, then I'll have to eat you too!" The demon growled.

Noboru took in a calculated breath before launching into attack. It was like a whirl of wind before your eyes.

"Kya!!!"

"Teruo! Get the girl!" Norboru yelled as he closed in on the demon and sliced her arm.

"Got it," the other nodded, moving in a much different pattern as he went to get the human.

"No! No! Boys never know how to play fair! You always take my friends away!" The demon shrieked as she stomped her feet. Her hand had began to grow back, "blood demon arts, Wanage!" She made rings from her blood and hurled it towards the two boys. One got grazed and only stumbled a little,  but the other got caught in it and was stuck in place.

"Noboru! Keep going!" Teruo yelled, straining as the ring tightened around him.

Your eyes went round, these kids were not equipped for this at all, were they? You felt yourself moving forward before you realized it. You couldn't watch them die, this was bad.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Teruo shouted at you as you ran forward.

"Eh? Look at this! Maybe they'll be my friend!" The demon girl bounced, throwing her hands up. "Blood demon arts-"

You swallowed, taking a breath, 'it's going to hit me on either side.' You jumped up as you kept running,  pulling your arms in.

"Friendship chains!"

Red chains shot put from her hands, taut as they launched on your left, right, and beneath you.

Noboru had swung his sword to dodge, and was still bound for her. "Nee-san! Go back!" He pleaded.

"I can't watch you get hurt!" You yelled back, skidding to a stop as the demon girl was suddenly in front of you.

"Hehe! We'll be great friends!" She beamed at you, moving her arms to hug you. You ducked back, swinging your leg hard to kick her. It landed, but she unfortunately was a little stronger than anticipated. 

Your actions pissed her off, "YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT YOUR FRIENDS!" She shrieked, grabbing your foot and slamming you into the nearest wall.

You gasped, your vision blurring a bit as she repeatedly rammed you into the wall. Your vision grew dark, the last thing you managed was head butting her as Noboru came behind the two of you swinging his sword fast.

As everything faded to black, the only thing you could think was--

'Where the hell did you go, Akaza?'