17. Want to Survive

You began to see The upper moon less after you changed, but it did not bother you like it would have when you were human. It was temporary, in order for you to not rely on him when it came to sustaining yourself and gaining your footing as a demon. Your handwriting had also changed significantly. It was a lot more eloquent, to say the least.

You didn't write daily anymore. You had made an entry about your transformation, and few days after that, but they were rather spaced out.

You paced the dojo quietly in you brother's haori and one of the kimonos Akaza had bought you prior. Truth be told, you memories were slipping and scrambling little by little. While you remembered Akaza vividly, everything else seemed to be going and warping. You couldn't even recall who's haori you were wearing.

"Akaza kun, come home soon...." you murmured, your eyes darted towards the window. The sun had set a while ago. He had been gone for a few days now. You figured this would be yet another night you ate without him.

You turned your back on the door and let out a quiet sigh as you let your eyes close. A gust a wind brushed your back, and left you in the arms of the demon you were waiting on.

"I'm here, Y/N," he murmured, his face buried in your neck.

You smiled faintly as you slowly reached up and patted his head, "Welcome back, Akaza." He perked up a little as he pulled you in closer. "Y/N have you gone out yet? I want to fight with you today. Lets go out, Y/N!" He chirped as he swayed you gently.

"I have not. I was hoping you'd ask to," You hummed as you leaned back into him.

He snickered softly at you words, "Then lets go!" He let go of you and started out the dojo. You followed him and stretched as you stood outside. You were no where near as fast as he was, and since you couldn't keep up with him yet, he'd often hold your hand to force you to keep up.

He extended his hand out to you, "come on. It's not night all the time." You tsked at him before you took it, flinching as he began to run.

At one point, he grew tired of you weighing him down and lifted you into his arms, holding you under your thighs. "We're going far today." You noted, receiving a nod from the other demon.

"Can't draw too much attention to one area." He explained. It was a moment more before he set you down. It was a farming village he brought you to. The homes were far apart due to the amount of land each household had, which was perfect for someone who liked large attacks.

Your eyes flitted towards a man who walked with two ladies, laughing and talking loudly. "Them," you pointed out. Something about them bugged you, pissed you off even.

"Go ahead. He isn't worth my time," your husband grumbled, nudging you a little bit.

"Don't leave me here, then, " you huffed at him before you ran off to attack. You managed to slink in between two houses and waited for a moment before lunging out for them. Your abrupt appearance caused the women to shriek and scramble away, leaving the man to bumble on the ground. You waited to see if they would help him, but grew more peeved when they didn't. They knew this man, were all buddy-buddy with him, yet they did not help him.

"You're awful," You growled. "He was walking you home yet you would let him die in a heartbeat." You kicked him out of the way before bounding towards the two. You grabbed one of them by the arm before you slammed them into the ground. As you placed your foot on her back and pressed hard enough to hear a horrendous cracking sound, yet you were only watching the girl who ran off in fear, leaving both the man and her now deceased friend in your wake. You didn't stop to eat her, but instead paced to the man. At first you looked at him in with pity, he was abandoned by people he trusted, but then shifted to disgust upon noting he didn't fight back. Did he not wish to survive?