36. Book 1: A Changed Human

.
.
.

You blink your eyes open at the sound of your alarm.

"Another weird dream," you muttered as you rolled out of bed to start your day.

Your name is Shigetsu Y/N. As far as you're concerned, you are freshly turned nineteen years of age and in college for studio art. You are an only child to a white haired man who didn't go gray early, his hair was just always like that; and more recently, his colleague as well. You were surprised that they clicked so well, but at least they're happy.

-
"Shigetsu kun!" You flinched as you were jump hugged after your final classes of the day.

"Douma, what?" You sighed as you let him bury his face into your shoulder and wail, a common occurrence since you met the blonde.

"I totally failed that exam!" He hiccuped as he pawed at his eyes. "Even though I really did study this time!"

You gave him a dull look, knowing that was not true in the slightest.

"Okay maybe I didn't study enough, but that's because the cute Shigetsu kun wasn't there to reign me in!" He argued, only earning a shake of your head.

"You have to do better, alright? Now go home and study. I gotta go," you shook him off of you like a leaf and kept on your path, ignoring his wails and yelling at you.

"Wait!" He caught you by the hand. "Before that, what was the dream you wanted to tell me about?"

You paused, "oh, that?" You rubbed the back of you next. Recently, you kept having a reoccurring dream. One of a flowery field and a gray, snowy sky. There was always someone who called your name, which caused you to look over, but you could never make him out. "Nothing we need to discuss right now." You insisted as you pulled away.

It was probably a silly thing to wonder about anyways.

Somehow, Douma roped you along to eat at a restaurant. You scolded him almost the whole time, but it went over his head as always.

"Bye, Shigetsu kun!" He called as you started up the street. You gave him a half assed wave without turning around and continued moving. It was already dark out at this point, the street lamps on.

"Ugh, I'm going to be up late, aren't I?" You muttered as you thought about what work you'd have to do when you reached your home. You fumbled in your pocket for your phone, not paying attention to your surroundings well enough.

"Watch it," someone huffed quietly when you bumped into him.

"Sorry-" you looked up slowly and met eyes with the blue eyed ravenette with white eyelashes. You felt frozen in place, why did this feel so surreal yet familiar?

"Just pay more attention next time," he muttered before he walked away.

Who was that?

The next day felt so surreal to you. You were practically watching the paint dry on your canvas in your last class.

"Y/N, you're spacing out again." Kazuo huffed at you. The male had lopsided, jet black hair and hazel eyes.

"Hm, what?" You blinked up from your drink quietly as you walked.

"Did you have a late night with the stupid blond again? I swear he has such a strong memory but all he fills it with is stupid stuff."

"No, I didn't, promise," you paused as you passed a store. "No way."

"What?" He turned to look at what you were looking at.

There was a poster in the window for a small fighting game tournament. "It's been a while since I've competed" you murmured, completely distracted by the discovery.