9. The Ice Pillar

"Akaza Dono! You really came!" The blonde demon squeed, putting an arm around the other. "The thought of you missing a meeting almost brought me to tears." He sniffled, but Akaza was not moved.

"Let go of me." Was all he said, his face void of expression as he grabbed hold of the demon's hand and twisted it until it snapped.

"Ah! Akaza Dono, you're getting stronger," the blonde mused, unphased.

A demon with six eyes walked into the room, hand lingering over his blade. "Douma, that's enough. Akaza, you know the rules." He said cooly.

"Our lord has summoned us all? I wonder what it could be?" Douma looked towards one of the many doors as he took note that Daki, Hantengu, and Gyokko had also arrived.

It had been only a moment of awkward chattering when the sound of the biwa brought their leader in the form of a small boy. His presence alone brought them all to their knees.

"I have brought you hear to ask if you have made any progress on the tasks I've given you," The child's red eyes were unmoving on the crowd.

"I have not found the blue spider lily yet, my lord," the multi-eyed demon said quietly. "I am pursuing a lead given to me by an old village."

The boy merely nodded, shifting his attention to Douma.

"I have gotten rid of the noisy Pillar and his underlings like you asked," He said quickly.

Akaza looked down, keeping his gaze away, but he could feel it- he could feel the boy picking him apart. "I have killed the slayers who were getting too close to discovering your whereabouts. " he swallowed.

"But have you been looking for the spider lily?" The boy's voice was cold. He didn't need to answer, the child knew already. He didn't know the reason, but he knew Akaza's attention had been split.

"Must I remind you of the two things I've asked of you?" His face grew dark as Akaza grew stark still, veins popping out from him as the blood that made him stronger petrified him.

"You all are suppose to be looking for the blue spider lily to conquer the sun, do not forget it!" His voice boomed, causing the lower upper moons to cower.

As he stopped what he was doing to Akaza, his features smoothed out, "Gyokko, have you made any new pots?"

His words after that went mostly unheard by Akaza. He was slipping on his duties because of you. He was pissed that you even managed to get in the way, but he couldn't be mad at you. He simply needed to focus more on his duties to regain favor with his leader.

And so, he had yet to return to you.

-

You refuse to die here. If you pass out, you'd surely die, right? You shifted your breathing to allow more oxygen to your head.

Noboru got close to the girl's neck, but her attention shifted last minute, and she threw a ring at him. The boy was knocked back onto the ground, most likely breaking a rib as he spat blood.

"Noboru!" His friend managed out of the ring he was trapped in and ran in front of his fallen friend to guard him.

"I'm fine, just get Nee San away from her-" he huffed as he prepared himself to move, but his statement was cut off by a shriek.

You had grab the demoness by the arm she used to hold you against the wall and twisted it to slam her down.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" She yelled at you, breaking out of your grasp and charging you. Your grabbed hold of both her hands and pushed back, wrestling her.

You blissfully had forgotten her chains, which came out and were about to ensare you when Teruo came up behind her smoothly, slicing her head off.

The chains dissapated as she ran around, pawing at her disappearing neck. "No! No! I can't!" She shrieked as she died slowly, her body collapsing into ash.

"Nee-san, you're quite strong," Teruo murmured as he sheathed his sword, glancing back at you.

You stood there dumbfounded, your face covered in blood. You closed your eyes as the adrenaline you were running on disappeared, allowing you to collapse.

When you came back to consciousness, you were in a foreign bed, in a room unknown to you. There was no one else occupying the others beds, and it seemed you were completely alone. Your bag sat on a chair nearby. You slowly began to move, to grab it, but winced and gasped in pain.

A boy in all white came in the room with a tray, "don't move, your bones haven't set back into place yet," he tutted, putting the tray on the nightstand beside you.

"Where am I, how long has it been?" You croaked out as he pushed you into the bed gently. "A safe house. You've been unconscious for three days." He took a bottle from the tray he had, pouring it's contents into a spoon and pushing it in your mouth, forcing you to swallow.

"Blehk..." you cringed at the taste, shivering.

"It's a good thing you're up, the ice pillar, Noboru, and Teruo have some questions for you. If you feel you can answer them, of course."

You nodded slowly, there was no point in refusing, they were giving you treatment without asking for anything in return.

The boy stood and walked to the door, opening it and poking his head out. "You can come in, " he said softly, exiting the room as Noboru and Teruo walked in. Behind them was a man you recognized almost immediately, and it shook you to your core.

It was Hide's swordsman friend.

His hair was long and stark white, piercing blue eyes traveled to your e/c ones. His brows furrowed momentarily. He moved to the seat your bag was on, placing it on the floor beside the chair and sitting down. He wore a white and blue haori which was cut up at the bottom like shards of ice.

Noboru stood beside the pillar, and Teruo stood on the other side of you. "Nee san, I wanted to ask.... were you living in captivity with a demon?" He asked quietly.

You swallowed, something told you that you shouldn't tell them you were willingly living with the Upper Moon 3. "Yes," you murmured, figuring you might as well say you were held captive.

Noboru nodded slightly.

The ice pillar leaned forward a little, "....The haori you're wearing, can I see the back of it?" He asked quietly.

You froze, you had been wearing your brother's haori. He must have recognized it. You began to move as best as you could, showing the intricate design to the male.

He paused, eyes widening, "You're Hide's sibling.... Y/N!" He seemed excited to see you. "Do you remember me? It's Yuki Fuyuhito," he regained his more stoic composure. "Noboru, Teruo, I'd like to speak to them privately. " the younger boys nodded, even though they had more to ask, and left.

"How is Hide and your father?" He asked quietly, but he knew the answer based on your current location.

Your eyes watered as you looked away from him.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." He said softly, taking a deep breath. "So, I'm guessing you learned your breathing techniques from Hide after I showed him, huh?"

"Yeah," you wiped your eyes. "It's kept me alive so far."

"That's good. When you are all healed up, I'll show you more," he promised, ruffling your hair gently before standing up. "It's good to see you, Y/N." He hummed before leaving the room.

You were shocked he didn't ask what happened to your village.