32. A set of pearls

When you stepped out the door after meeting with Muzan, you found Akaza posted up beside it, his arms folded across his chest as he looked off to the side. "Well, that went better than expected."

You shook your head a little, "whatever, they were all weak anyways."

"What now?" Akaza tilted his head towards you.

"Nothing but the usual," You gathered his hand into yours, interlocking your fingers with his.

Dok!

You were brought back to your home. "Sorry about kicking you in your-"

"Don't worry about it. It's fitting for my spouse to have a strong kick," he brushed off. "I'll get you back for it."

You didn't know if you liked how definitive that statement was.

"Hey, it's summer still, right?" You asked suddenly, shifting the conversation from the impending doom you'd face later.

Akaza seemed to need to refresh to register what you asked, "Yes... Why?"

"Remember that town we went to way back? The one with the onsen?"

"How could I forget?" He drawled, a lazy sort of smile tugging on his face before you snapped at him.

"Hey, hey. Focus," you huffed, your cheeks tinged pink. "Let's go back and see the fireworks!"

He blinked down at you, a twinkle showing up in his eyes. "Fireworks? Yes, let's go then. Do you know when the festival is?" He scratched his head in thought.

You began stroking your chin as you also thought on it. "I don't, but I can find out. It was a few weeks out from now last time."

Fortunately, the date of the festival was around the same time.

"It's almost exactly how I remember it!" You laughed as you stepped out from the alley, licking the blood from your hand, only to notice Akaza was looking at you incredulously. "What?"

He nodded his head back towards the alley where you were eating some poor fellow not two minutes ago.

"He was being rude about our hair color. Plus he was alone," you shrugged off. No one would find anything by some flower petals anyways. Plus, you didn't get your clothes dirty!

"Uh huh. Let's get going then before the fireworks begin," the demon snorted as he lead you into the area the festivities were being held.

If anyone were to see you two, they would only think your were a loving couple with oddly colored hair.

"Look, this one looks like you," you teased as you held up the blue and white mask to your husband. The comment was strange to anyone else considering his face was void of all markings.

"I do not look like that," He said plainly as he eyed the object.

"No, you totally do." You kept egging him.

He rolled his eyes before picking up a mask, "in that case, this one looks like you." He turned the mask towards you, showing it had black under eyes.

Silence hung over you both before you both began laughing.

You bought them both, wearing the one you claimed to look like the other at the side of your head so you could see.

"Y/N, do you want to play a g-" the demon started before getting bumped into by something. He whipped to the source, ready to berate them, only to find a small child who looked frightened enough by being the presence of two oddly colored haired, strong looking people.