Gone: Part 2

*Jackson's POV*

"Why isn't she answering?" I asked myself. With brows furrowed in confusion, I knocked on the door again. No answer. I called her. No answer. I called Eve and Sumi. Both said she should be home. But she wasn't. I would've asked her mother, but she was...you know.

I leaned up against the door, think of where she could've possibly gone. She wasn't supposed to be out and about with the way she was. I go to knock again, only to notice a crack in the door. "What?" My eyes squinted in suspicion at the situation. She wasn't answering any calls, everyone said she was home, and her door is wide open. I forced myself to just focus on the task on hand and make sure she was alright and hoped this situation wasn't like last time.

"Gabi?" I whispered as I stepped into the quiet apartment. It looked like she was just there a minute ago, but decided to up and leave. I jumped in alert at the smell of something on the stove burning. Rushing over quickly, I turned off the stove, staring down at the burnt pan of what would've been oatmeal. "Shit." I looked around some more, checking her bedroom and bathroom, seeing nothing that could tell me where she disappeared to. One thing that I did notice, once I emerged back into the living room was her cell phone, which laid on the coffee table untouched, my missed calls, and others appearing on the screen.

I wasn't someone who went through other people's phones without their permission, but it seemed as though her phone was the only thing here that would tell me where she was. I skimmed over my calls and those from Eve and Sumi before one certain text caught my eye. It was sent on the day of the scandal. My fists clenched and my face turned hot with anger as I read the text messages over and over again.

Motherfucking Anthony. That son of a bitch was going to die.

I didn't waste a minute as my legs stridden out the door, but then I saw a group of police officers huddled by her doorway and some guy speaking to them. They all looked up as I stepped out and immediately I was bombarded with questions.

"What were you doing in there, sir?"

"Who are you?"

"You know you can be charged for tampering with evidence."

I shook my head, scoffing before throwing my own questions at them. "What's going on? What are you guys doing here and where the hell is my girlfriend?"

At the mention of Gabi, they all went silent, looking to one another. The man from earlier that I saw speaking to them, stepped up. "You're Gabi's boyfriend?"

"Yes. Where is she? I've been calling her. Her friends have been calling her. Did you see anything?" I suddenly took over his space, sizing him up. "If you know where my girl is, spit it out."

"Sir, please." One of the officers tried to pull me back, to which I shrugged off.

"I-i don't know..." He stuttered. "but I did see her with this strange guy who claimed to be her boyfriend. She looked scared and asked me to help her, so I knew it wasn't actually her boyfriend."

It was him. Had to be. "And you let him take her?!" I sneered, ready to wring his little neck. "You let him take my pregnant girlfriend?!" At this point, the whole complex could probably hear me, but I couldn't care less. My girl was out there, all alone with some psychopath.

"P-pregnant?" He blustered out, eyes wide in shock. "I-i didn't ...I didn't know..."

"It's okay son. You did what you could." Another officer placed a hand on his shoulder, calming him down, before looking up at me. "Even though he didn't stop him from taking her, he managed to call us immediately with the car's license shortly after they left. They shouldn't have gone far."