My Fault

As we stepped back into the reception room, eyes darted to us and murmurs began. I tried to stand tall as Jackson's hand on the curve of my back, gently guided me over to the buffet area. My eyes look around and I catch everyone I knew throwing me questioning looks.

"Hey." Jackson's voice draws me back and he smiles. "Don't worry about them, okay? Pretend like it's just you and me."

I relax under his gaze for a few seconds only for my body to jolt up and still at the chilling voice that sounded behind us. "Gabriella." My name rolled off his tongue the way I used to like, but now just left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I didn't want to turn around and speak to him, especially with the entire room watching us, but I had to stand up for myself. No longer was I that Gabi that feared confrontation and judgement. No one's opinion meant shit to me anymore.

Whirling around, I face him along with Jackson. To say I was surprised to see that bridesmaid from before still by his side, would be an understatement, but I smirked, excited that I would get to roast the hell out of both of them.

I wanted to hope and think that maybe she didn't know that Rome and I were together and that he lied to her, but by the way she was staring down at her nails and looking around in boredom showed that she definitely knew. I didn't bother me, because that meant I didn't need to hold back.

"Rome!" I glanced up at him with a large smile. "Nice of you to finally show up. Oh! And whose this?" I turn to the girl with fake confusion. She seems surprised that I acknowledged her at all and was fooled by the innocent look I had on my face.

Smirking almost triumphantly, she throws her hair over her shoulder. With only her eyes on Jackson, she introduces herself. "I'm Brittany, but you can call m-"

"A slut?" I smiled innocently at her as the room filled with gasps. Her twinkling eyes that were once settled on Jackson, darkened and whirled onto me.

"What did you say?" She walked up trying to size me up, but I almost bursted out laughing at her 5 foot self trying to look bigger.

Slut shaming was something I never did. I did question a lot of people's actions, but I never really said anything because it was their life. If a girl wants to go out and have sex with random guys, so be it, it's not affecting me. But when your hoeing around IS affecting me, I will not hesitate to put you in your place, especially if you knew what you were doing was wrong. Rome was as guilty as her, so he would get his speech in a minute.

"I said...you're a slut!" I chirped happily.

"Gabi!" Sumi's husband goes to stand up, but Sumi grabs his arm jerking him back. She looks at me and nods for me to continue. "What are-"Sending him one last glare, he sits back down quietly.

Don't you just love when women put men in their place.

Jackson also remained quiet beside me, but I didn't miss the subtle smirk on his face as he sipped his champagne, staring me down with hunger in his eyes. I was trying to bring two people down and he was getting turned on by it.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to this Brittany girl and smiled. "I said what I said. It's the fact that you knew Rome and I were together and still did whatever you did with him and then you proceed to eye fuck MY man right in front of me." Her and Rome's eyes widen glancing over at Jackson who was still peacefully eating his food. "Yes, he is my man. You can have him." I wave away at Rome in disgust. "Rome? Who's he? Never heard of him." I state staring him dead in the eye.

He scoffs, shaking his head. "Gabriella, you're being ridiculous. Stop causing a scene. I didn't cheat on you." He hisses.

"Really?" I mutter sadly. "So you're telling me you didn't have sex with a random girl at a party and recorded it, then sent it to your friends?"