Breakups and Makeups: Part 2

"So who is he?"

"Uh...well..." I stuttered. There really wasn't much to say, but for some reason, I couldn't get any words out. I felt like I was caught red handed, for doing nothing. It's not like I was talking to Anthony behind his back. I didn't even know about Anthony until only a matter of minutes ago, so I was as lost as he was.

"Anthony? You mean Anthony that we went to high school with? Super popular? Ladies man? Teacher's pet? Captain of the football team?" Eve looked over at Jackson innocently. I hope she wasn't trying to start something.

I glanced up at Jackson nervously as he continued glaring down at the phone in my hand. "So you do know him?" The question was directed towards me, but Eve spoke up.

"Yeah, it's kind of hard not to. But don't worry, Gabriella was never associated with him. Never talked to him. Never looked at him. Never even breathed around him." That was a lie, but Eve didn't know that. I was around Anthony and did talk to him when we were assigned as a group for a project in our Literature class. I never brought it up to her, because it wasn't important. Or well, I didn't see it as something important at the time. "Why is he texting you?" She asked, faking her curiosity.

Wow. Who knew drama club would come in handy.

"I-i dont know." I looked down at the text message again. It's been almost an hour since he sent the message. Not that I was worried. He was probably texting multiple girls at the same time, so not receiving my text wouldn't make a difference. "He's a player. If I don't text him, it shouldn't matter." I said to reassure not only Jackson, but myself. I left out the fact that Anthony was also one of my bullies, but I didn't know how Jackson would react to that.

He nodded curtly, finally glancing away from the phone and looking up at me. I could tell that he was still confused and unconvinced, but from the looks of it, he was willing to drop it. For now.

Eve and I watched as he left the room, the door quietly closing after him. We remained silent for a few seconds to make sure he was gone, before speaking.

"Man...that was kind of hot."

I groaned rubbing my temples as Eve giggled. "Eve..."

"What? That means he cares. Did you see how pissed off he was? From experience, that was a level two or three." She nodded to herself.

"Level two or three? What are you talking about?" I sighed, letting myself slump against the door.

"Throughout my relationships, I made up this thing to see how angry guys can get. Level one through five. Level one is basically sulking, not saying anything, but you can tell they're in a bad mood. Level two or three is when they are talking with what seems like calmness, but you can hear the anger in their voice or sometimes they don't even hide that they're angry which is basically a level three. Level four is when the yelling comes in and you can definitely tell that they're angry. And finally, my least favorite, level five. In level five they basically go full Hulk." She smiled proudly. "Genius right? Sadly, I haven't figure out how to detect that through text messages, but that's an experiment for later."

I groaned again in frustration. "Why does this keep happening? One minute everything is great and dandy and then the next minute, everything has gone to shit."

"At least it's keeping you on your toes? You've always wanted an exciting life, right?"

I was about to say something snarking back to her, when suddenly loud beeps fill the room. I start freaking out, assuming that it was Anthony, trying to get a hold of me again. But glancing up, I see that Eve's phone is beeping as well. "What's going on?"