The Parents: Part 1

Three weeks later

"My girl is no longer a virgin!" Eve screamed proudly in the middle of the street. A car honks angrily behind her, the driver glaring at her and muttering. I didn't speak Korean, but it was obvious he was saying not so nice things.

"Can you stop?" I hiss at her, pulling her back onto the sidewalk. People throw curious glances at us as we walk past. "Now everyone's staring at us." I mumble, wrapping my arms around myself.

"They were going to stare at us anyways, Gabi. We're Americans. We get stared at all the time. It's like they're waiting for one of us to pull out a gun or something." She frowns. "Oh, and on top of that, the whole world knows now that you're dating Jackson Wang, so technically they're staring at you, not me." I don't reply and she glances at me from the corner of her eye. "Damn, was it that bad?"

"Oh God, Eve." I scoff, glaring at her. "This is Jackson we're talking about. It wasn't even close to being bad." My face softens slightly. "It was perfect." I whispered sadly.

"Then why the hell are you sulking?! We're in Seoul, you're friends with Got7, dating one of them, and you lost your virginity to him. Jackson motherfucking Wang. You lost your virginity to a celebrity!" When I don't react, she scoffs. "You ungrateful bitch! I swear." Eve huffs, speeding up past me.

"Why are you walking so damn fast?" I muttered after her.

"Because I don't want to be seen with you." She snaps.

I shrug sheepishly, trailing after her quickly. I had to tell her what happened; I had to tell somebody.

After Jackson caught me off guard with the idea of meeting his parents, I didn't have the guts to tell him that we forgot to use a condom. Maybe he already had realized that and was afraid to tell me like I was afraid to tell him. Either way, I would have to tell him before I met his parents. We promised. No keeping secrets.

"What's going on with you?" Eve shook her head confusedly. She led me to a table in the corner of the quite McDonald's and we sat down. "Are you upset that you had sex before marriage? Knowing you, that's something you would get depressed over."

I sigh, shaking my head. "No, that would be the guess if it wasn't Jackson. I care about Jackson way too much and I trust him with everything. He was worth it. It's just that..." I trailed off.

"It's just what, Gabi? You're keeping me in suspense." She leaned forward.

"I-, well we, we didn't...we forgottouseacondom." I stringed along quietly and quickly, hoping she didn't hear.

But by the way she slowly leaned back into her seat, her eyes widening in shock, I knew she had heard. "I-I don't know what to say. Are you sure?"

"Yes, yes I'm sure." My head dropped down, landing on the edge of the table. I didn't even want to look her in the eye. If I couldn't do this with Eve, I could only imagine how hard it would be to talk to my mom and Jackson.

"Jesus...Christ..." She gasped out. "Gabi, it's been almost three weeks and you're telling me this now?! His sperm has probably already fertilized your egg!" She screeches before rubbing her temples. "Listen, Gabi...I would LOVE to be an auntie, totally would love it, but we've got to get you a plan B or at least think about an abortion."

"No!" My head snapped up as I shouted. My eyes quickly darted away from the looks that come our way.

"What do you mean no? Do you want to have a baby?"

"N-no, not right now...I can't do that to Jackson, or the group. He has his life ahead of him and, and, I just can't, Eve. You know I don't use birth control and that I would never get an abortion. I made a mistake and I have to deal with the consequences."